Purrfect home

Nancys POV

My hand was pulling the shift into park in Carters garage. " I'll get the stuff!" Cat said as she jumped out and waving her rock and roll fingers at me as she opened the door. I laughed as I opened the car door also, to get our stuff...and to say goodbye. The cool air of the house hit me, and boy did I welcome it! " Nancy" I turned around to see Carter. " Are you crying?" I said as I walked up to him, evaluating the streams pouring out of his brown eyes that looked exactly like mine. " Daddy?" He hugged me, like I had always dreamed of being held by my dad. I remember how he would try to distance himself from the rest of us, and when he left... I, I wanted this. I NEEDED this! My arms wrapped around him tightly. Sobs escaped my mouth as I recalled my loneliness. Even if my mom tried, she could never fill that gap. His hand cradled my head. " I'm sorry" He said to me quietly. My eyes widened, " You didn't deserve this! A father who portrayed he could care less... And look what its done to you." I pulled away, " What do you mean?" I said quietly. Carter looked at my stomach. " No, I deserve them! I want this, it wasn't your fault, it wasn't mine, and that I can say proudly and truthfully. How dare you blame this on them. The judgement won't matter when I can hold their hands and show them the better path to go. Sure, my life isn't perfect, but I know DAMN WELL that I'll be happier than I have ever been in my entire life." I turned to see Cat with all of our bags. I walked over and heaved half onto my arms. I pushed past Carter and into the garage. My bags went into the back, while Cats went into hers. " Lets get outta here" I said. I almost had a great moment with my father, now the last thing to wonder is, did he ruin it, or did I?

I called Cat on her cell. When she answered I put it on speaker and set it down in the cup holder. " Where should we go?" Cat sighed. " Remember that neighborhood with the mom and little girls?" I nodded. " Nancy?" I mentally face palmed. " Uhh yeah I remember!"  " Lets check that out" I laughed as I Uturned. I passed many familiar stores, like Walmart, Target, Fred Meyers, and Safeway. 

 I finally noticed noticed the neighborhood, just one block away. " I can see it Cat, its probably the best neighborhood to live in!" I said excitedly into the phone.

" Hey... Nancy?"

" Whats up Cat?"

" Are we going to...Live together?" I laughed at her worried tone.

" Of course babe!" I said jokingly, " What would I do without you?"

It was true though, what could I do without her?

----------------------------------

 I turned into the neighborhood, a big welcoming sign reading:

" Welcome To New Springs!"

Oh boy, was it welcoming. The green grasses had sprinklers skittered across the lawn, with dew that made it seemed it got done raining. The Clear Blue sky made the bright Yellow, Pink and Orange houses stick out in the dusty roads surrounding the Area. The gates seemed to keep out any dangerous animals, or even humans.

The black speakers made it seem like a drive thru.

I pressed the red button, and a voice blared out:

" Hello, Welcome To New Springs, How may I assist you Ma'am?" A clear women's voice said, the voice was sweet and welcoming.

" Yes, I was looking to see if there were any open houses?" I said, trying to keep my voice mature and buisness like.

There was a pause, I was imagining her looking threw a computer system, looking for an open house.

" Actually, there is one open house, would you like for me to show you the neighborhood and the house?" I heard a squeal as I remembered Cat was on the phone still.

" Yes, I would enjoy that very much!" I said, also asking if my friend that was planning to move in could come.

" Why, ofcourse!" She replied. " Now I will open the gate and you can come park to the right of the gate"

The black gates opened with a soft click and I drove in, with Cat behind me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I got out of the car, and locked it. I saw a fast approaching women, in her mid forties. Her bleached blounde hair bobbed with her peppy steps. Her pink skirt fit around her plump figure, and her pink blouse was tight. I smiled as I stretched out one hand, her pink gloved hands took mine.

" Hello, I'm Sidney!" She said with a business tone.

" Hi, I'm Nancy" I said.

Cat reached out her hand, smiling wildly. Sidney's eyes widened and put a hand on her chest.

" Oh my, your an energetic one!"Sidney commented.

Cat took back her hand and acted offended.

I hit her shoulder as we followed Sidney to a fancy golf cart. Me and Cat took the back seats, as there was only one front seat.

" So, would you like to see the actual house, or see the sights?"

I looked at Cat and she just shrugged.

" How about the sights?" I asked unsure.

The golf cart went into a smooth role. I looked at all the passing houses,

Children were playing tag, soccer, basketball, and baseball. All in one feild.

" This right here, is what we call 'Sports Central'. As you can see, we have a Basketball, Baseball, and Soccer Field. With the additional playground."

I watched as the children played. The playground had swings, a see-saw, a big toy, slides and many other thingy majjabers.

Cat looked like she wanted to jump out and go play herself.

We drove by the big establishment and came across a big building, the golf cart slowed to a stop and she turned to look at us.

" This is the recreation center, first floor has the lobby, second floor has a buffet, third floor game center, fourth workout room, fifth pool, and sixth a casino." My eyes widened at how much this place actually had.

The golf cart picked up again and we passed a small park. Bright yellow and white benches were scattered with families having picnics. A small river was flowing by, its waters were a clear blue.

One family stood out to me though. A girl about one or two years older than me was holding a little boys hand. His smile was so happy. I wanted to see that on my son.

 " Well that's it, so lets head to the open house"

I nodded and hopped it wasn't too expensive.

We pulled up to a Yellow house, with a orange picket-fence.

I stepped out of the car and followed her to the front steps.

When we stepped inside, I felt immediately at home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't worry dear readers, there will be some more....drama.

Hopefully I'll get some more feedback.

To improve I need FEEDBACK

*Hint Hint* ;)