mission time

Weeks had gone by with Team Itachi progressively getting stronger and complaining about D-rank missions until....

"Dammit Dad!" Karah yelled angrily at her father. Itachi had just led them on the infamous Tora mission, and the younger members of the team caught some scratches from the cat before it ran to Itachi. "How are we supposed to prove we are awesome ninja if you won't let us go on harder missions?"

Minato looked her in the eye for a moment before turning to Itachi. "Are they ready for a C-rank?"

Itachi nodded. "Honestly they could probably take on a B-rank. Naruto and Sasuke have the skill and power of an upper B-class shinobi, Karah has improved in leaps and bounds so she isn't far behind. If you've got a C- rank mission we'll take it."

Karah pumped her fist up and hugged Sasuke excitedly."We got a better mission, Duckbutt-chan!"

Sasuke shoved her off. "The hell off me, Namikaze!"

Naruto meanwhile just felt like something bad was about to happen, so he kept his mouth shut.

"Your mission is an escort mission. You will go to Rice country and then escort a man with a very old and endangered bloodline, known as Swift release, back here to be part of our village. Normally I'd send a team of experienced chunin under an anbu captain, but Itachi says you can handle yourselves and he is SS-class. The clients name is Raijin. He was an orphan who fled the village hidden in the bloody mist during their bloodline purge. He is roughly genin level but his speed let's him take on jonin easily. You're going to increase numbers and decrease the likelihood of an attack."

Itachi knew what that meant. He wanted the team to get their first kills. "Alright team, meet me at the south gate with a weeks worth of supplies in an hour." Naruto, Sasuke and Karah all nodded and left the office.

"Hokage-sama. Raijin... is he?"

"Yes, he's the last of his bloodline. I'm aware of the fighting that the swift release clan had with the Uchiha clan, but you can't argue that its not an excellent opportunity to gain a powerful ally." Minato stood and gave Itachi a three pronged kunai. "This way I can get to you in an instant."

Itachi put the kunai in his holster and nodded, then he vanished using his best friend's smokeless shunshin.
_________________________________

Several hours later after traveling at high speeds through the trees.

"Alright team. Stop here for tonight. Karah, set up the sleeping bags. Sasuke, secure the perimeter. Naruto, get firewood. I'll keep watch, since I'm the ranking shinobi." Itachi told his team.

Karah began setting the bags while Naruto and Sasuke took off into the woods with their own tasks.

Itachi sighed. I need to get them to open up to her more. Sasuke at least doesn't show hostility towards her... I'll work on that this week.
____________________________________

"Naruto. Can I show you something?" Sasuke asked as they left earshot.

Naruto shrugged. "Sure. We're friends after all. What's up?"

Sasuke lifted the part of his sleeve that covered the back of his right hand, showing off a white marking just like Naruto's. "Some old man gave me this, he said I'd need it for what like ahead and that it would allow me to do incredible things."

Naruto took off his right glove, showing off his own marking. "I got one too. Not sure what it does other than feel uncomfortable though."

Now there had to be something wrong. A cryptic old man giving them both a weird marking that supposedly made them stronger but not telling them how to use it. Plus Naruto couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was gonna happen.

"Well... I'm not sure what else it can do, but I think i accidentally used it the other day during training." Sasuke told him.

_______Flashback__________________

Sasuke began pouring chakra into his right palm, easily creating his chidori. Kakashi had drilled the technique into his head and now he could do it without handsigns. The blue arcs of electricity danced in his palm as Kakashi created his own chidori. "Best way to test the Chidori, is clash with a similar jutsu. Ready?"

Sasuke nodded and broke out into a sprint towards Kakashi. Kakashi waited for a moment and charged also, matching Sasukes speed.

When Sasuke reared back his right hand pulsed with power and his chidori became purple and when the chidoris slammed into each other, Kakashi's chidori was blown apart and Kakashi was forced to open the first gate to dodge the lightning blade.
_______________________________

"I think his chakra absorbed into mine or something because he said that if felt like his grew weaker and mine shifted nature to be a strange looking lightning I haven't even been able to replicate." Sasuke fixed his sleeve as Naruto bent over and began picking up fire wood.

"Well now I've got more questions and no more answers..." Naruto grumbled, upset Sasuke had managed to use his power first.

(----Guys keep suggesting powers!----)