Chapter 4

It's now Monday and I have just dropped Buster off at my neighbour Pam's house before driving myself and Zeke to school

It's now Monday and I have just dropped Buster off at my neighbour Pam's house before driving myself and Zeke to school. Apparently Izzy text the others on Sunday telling them she was dating Nash and asked if he and his friends could sit with us. 

"Do you really think they'll come and sit with us?" Zeke asks and I shrug.

"I don't know. Does it matter whether they do or not?" I ask as I park my car in my usual spot and get out.

"Uh, yeah kind of since you did beat up Parker in middle school." Zeke mentions.

"Middle school Zeke, we're now Juniors in high school, I think we've moved past it." I comment and we walk inside and meet up with everyone where we usually do. Tessa comes running up to me and I stop her before she collides into me. "Whoa, put the brakes on Steve McQueen." 

"Did you know she was dating Nash Austin?!" She yells and I put my hand over her mouth. 

"I found out on Friday. I wanted her to be the one to tell everyone, I was hoping she would do it in person, but I guess a text is a start." I admit. "I wasn't the only one before you all blame me, Derek was there too." 

"Wow, Channing thanks." Derek responds.

"If I'm going down you're going down with me. You agreed to that the minute we became friends." I respond and he rolls his eyes. Out of nowhere, Parker, Roman and Archer approach us. 

"What the hell is this? Your little nerd friend is dating Nash?" Archer spits.

"Why don't you ask him?" I ask back.

"Keep the little bookworm away from him, if she knows what's good for her." He warns.

"Or what? You'll hurt her? Do we need a repeat of middle school, I'm sure Parker doesn't want to relive that especially." I warn back. "What they do, is none of our business, and if you were really Nash's friends, you'd support him! But your just jealous because Nash saw a good thing and stopped following in your dumb cheerleader roots and went his own way." I comment.

"You've got a lot of nerve Channing Lewis, but I've got to give you credit. No one would even dare talk to me the way you just did." Archer comments.

"Awe, don't sell yourself so long Archer. There's a big, mean world out there, just waiting to punch you in the face." I laugh and close my locker walking away with my group. As we get further away Zeke leans in.

"And you said middle school was over and done with?" He asks.

"Shut up Zeke." I snap and he raises his hands in surrender. 

~*~*~*~*~

"You had an argument with Archer?!" Izzy exclaims as she reaches the table.

"I defended you, thank you very much and I don't think I said anything inappropriate." I respond as she sits down.

"That's Nash's best friend!" She yells.

"Clearly not after what he said about you. Hey, I'm not the bad guy here and if anything, I've been your biggest support system through all of this, so be careful who you accuse of being in the wrong." I answer. 

"I'm sorry, I just want you all to see Nash for how I see him, the sweet and charming Nash and that means having to hang out with his friends, I just want everyone to get along." She sighs. 

"This is Channing we're talking about. The woman has the ability to argue with just about anyone." Chase comments.

"Hey!" I exclaim. "You've got a point, but watch yourself." I warn and they all laugh. My phone rings and I see it's my mum. "I'll be back in a minute." I say and walk out the hall and outside. "Hello?" I ask.

"Hey Chan. It's mum." She responds.

"I know, your caller ID came up. It's amazing what technology has been able to do for the past 20 years." I respond. 

"Ha, ha your so funny. Look, I know I said the late shifts would only be a couple of days, they're now going to be for the entire week. Which means I probably won't see you." She explains.

"That's fine, no problem." I say.

"Have you been OK? Where are you?" She asks.

"I've been fine and I'm at school, so I'm going to have to call you back later, lunch will be over soon." I answer.

"Oh OK. Have a good day." She says.

"Yeah I will, thanks. I'll see you later." I say.

"Yeah, bye sweetie." She replies and I hang up. Working late my arse. I walk back into the lunch hall and sit back down with the others who have since been joined by Nash and his group. I sit down, not even bothering to acknowledge anyone and Zeke nudges me.

"You alright?" He asks.

"Fine." I respond and go back to the game I had just set up on my phone. I look up and see Archer look at me so I shrug at him as if to ask what his deal is and then he looks back at Roman who is explain something to him. 

School ends and I walk to my car with Izzy, Tessa and Zeke as usual and drop them home. I go and pick Buster up from Pam's house and head back home myself and when I pull up I see my dads car. 

"Dad?" I ask myself and get out the car with Buster. I walk in the house and see my dad standing in the kitchen and when he sees me he runs over.

"Channing! Are you OK?!" He yells pulling me into a hug.

"I'm fine. What are you doing here, aren't you meant to be undercover still?" I ask.

"No, that's all over and done with and then Walker told me about the guy who came over! Did he hurt you?" He asks looking me over.

"No dad, I'm fine and Ramirez has been staying with me the past couple of days." I assure him and he pulls me in for another hug. What the hell is going on? First mum calls and says she's going to be away longer and dad comes home extremely early? I look and see my dad has looked down at Buster and he looks at me strangely. "Dad meet Buster, the puppy I got on Friday. Buster meet dad." 

Buster barks. "You brought a puppy? With what money?" He asks.

"My money. I'd been saving up for a while and since you and mum aren't home much and everything that happened with the guy on Thursday, I thought why not?" I admit. 

"I suppose your right." He admits too. After a minute of silence he speaks again. "So, what is this I hear about you skipping English on Thursday?" He asks and I look up shocked.

"Romeo and Juliet." I simply respond before heading to my room.

"Channing Jaymes Lewis get back here!" He calls after me. 

"Sorry dad I have a ton of homework." I call back.

"Bull, you don't do homework. You wanna know how I know that, the school call me and tell me!" He yells just as I shut my door.