Ouch

The flight took forever. I carried my bag off the jet and went to a car with James in the back and Clint driving. "So what are we supposed to be doing here?" I asked.

"Just keeping the crime rates down. They've gone up dramatically in the past few weeks. SHIELD's taken things into its own hands." Clint replied.

"Great." I sighed. I took out my pistol and put it in my boot. "I have a feeling I'm gonna need that later." Clint laughed. James was still edgy. "You don't need to be so scared James. I'll only hurt you if I don't like you."

"I'm not scared!" He yelled. I laughed.

"We're all sharing one apartment but there's three rooms." Clint changed the subject.

"Oh that's amazing." I groaned. "I mean, who doesn't want to be in an apartment with two guys, one of them happens to be scared to scared to death of me and the other is annoying."

"Hey!" Clint and James yelled at the same time.

"I'm not annoying!" Clint laughed.

"And I'm not scared to death of you!" James yelled.

"Really?" I turned back to look at James.

"Dude! Turn around!" James brushed his blonde hair back. I laughed and turned around. We made it to the hotel in about thirty minutes. Most of the people talked in English as well as French. I carried my bag to the room.

"I get dibs on which ever room I want!" I announced when Clint closed the doors.

"And why is that?" He asked.

"I'm the only female." I grinned and walked into every room. I picked the last one down the hall. It had a king size bed with a great view of the Eiffel Tower! I unpacked my shit and put my pistols, bullets, and knives on my bed to fix up. My door was open so Clint and James walked in.

"What are you doing?" Clint asked.

"Just messin' with these bad boys." I picked up my favorite knife; it was four inches long with the perfect pointed tip. "I love this one." I rubbed the flat part of the blade. James backed up. "Oh how I love how people are scared of me." I sat back.

"Come on hot shot. We need to go outside of town for a few hours." Clint laughed. I tucked the knife in my other boot and walked with them out to the street. I walked between Clint and James for about two hours. A man pushed by us and ran around the corner. I noticed he had a child in his hands. A lady was screaming something about her baby. Shit. I sprinted after him. "Natasha!" Clint yelled. I just kept running until I came to the alley the man went down. I pulled out my pistol.

"Come any closer and the kid's dead." The man held a knife to the baby's head. Clint was beside me with his bow ready. James had a gun in hand.

"Put your weapons down." I told them as I put my pistol on the ground.

"Natasha?" James questioned me. Clint put his bow down.

"Just do it." He whispered. James sighed and put the gun down. I kicked my gun away from me and started slowly walking towards the man.

"Don't come any closer! Or the kid dies!" He was shaking.

"Listen. You don't really want to kill him do you?" I asked.

"My baby!" The mom screamed.

"Get her out of here Clint." I ordered. He nodded and both James and Clint took the mom away. I looked back at the man. "I promise you, if you kill a child, it haunts you. I swear. Its horrible. They haven't done anything to make you mad. Just let the kid go and take me instead if you really want to kill someone." He let the kid drop. "Come here." Once I could touch the kid, I put him behind me. "James!" I barked.

"Yeah?" He came around the corner.

"Take him to his mom." I pushed the kid towards James. They disappeared around the corner. I turned back just in time to see the man charging for me. Before I could react, he had me against the wall with the knife to my neck. "Damn. You're good." I stepped on his foot and connected my elbow to his face. "But I'm better." I grinned and pulled my knife from my boot. He lost the knife. I threw my knife at him, piercing him in the thigh. While he was crying, I slid between his legs and grabbed his knife, throwing that to his knee. He fell to the ground. I pulled my knife and his out and turned to see James and Clint just watching. "Thanks for the help guys." I rolled my eyes.

"The cops are coming. They know that a few SHIELD agents are here but I forgot my I.D. back at the apartment." James sighed. I dug into my pocket and pulled mine out. There was a gun shot. I looked around.

"What the hell?" I mumbled.

"Natasha! You're bleeding!" Clint yelled. I looked down at my hip. There was a bullet hole.

"Ouch." I mumbled. I looked to see who shot me. It was the guy I stabbed. He had gotten my pistol. He jumped up and ran. "Go to hell." I started to get dizzy. "Shit. Come on guys." I started jogging back to the apartment. Clint and James were a few feet behind me.