Second Chance At First Line ✵ 2.1

⚲ BOYS LOCKER ROOM, Beacon Hills High School 

Leaning against the cold metal of his locker, Scott's mind was a haze of confusion. Half-dressed in his lacrosse gear, his gaze unfocused, lost in the realization that Allison's father, Chris Argent, was one of those hunters who had attacked him, Derek, and Calista during the recent full moon. Stiles, having just completed his own preparations for practice, spotted Scott from across the room and made his way over, concern etched on his features.

"Did you apologize to Allison?" Stiles asked.

Scott, still reeling from the shock, managed a weak nod. "Yeah," he replied, his voice barely above a whisper.

Stiles wasn't satisfied with Scott's response, his concern growing, "Is she giving you a second chance, or...?" he pressed, his brow furrowing.

Again, Scott nodded, his expression distant, "Yeah." 

Stiles' excitement was aparent, "Yeah? All right!" he exclaimed, attempting to infuse Scott with the fame feeling, "So, everything's good?"

 "No," Scott shook his head weakly.

Confusion clouded Stiles, "No?" he repeated, trying to make sense of Scott's hazy demeanor.

The door slammed open, its echoing bang thundered through the locker room, drawing the attention of everyone inside. Despite the startled glances from the players, Calista stormed into the room with rage etched on her features. She swept her gaze across the crowded space until her eyes locked onto Scott and Stiles. Without hesitation, she made a beeline for them, her steps reflecting her mood.

"No!" she declared loudly, her voice cutting through the air like a knife.

Scott, slowly emerging from his haze, attempted to explain the gravity of the situation to Stiles, "Her dad is one of them."

"Her entire family is," Cali added, her arms crossed defiantly.

"Her dad?" Stiles asked confused.

"Shot us," Scott stated matter-of-factly, the memory still vivid in his mind.

Stiles cuts Scott off, "Allison's father?"

"With a crossbow," Cali interjected, full of frustration.

Stiles, unable to fully grasp the situation, repeated himself once again, "Allison's father?"

Cali's response to the theatrics was fast, her hand delivering a slap to the back of Stiles' head. Scott, finally present in the conversation, let out a yelp. 

"Yes! Her father!" he grew more frustrated. Seeing that Stiles is just as shocked as he is, Scott begins to actively panic again, "Oh, my God."

Quick to catch Scott's rising panic, Stiles intervened with reassurance. "No, Scott. Snap back!"

Calista looked at the clearly distressed Scott and made a quick decision. She followed suit by giving him the same treatment as her cousin - a quick slap to the back of his head. "Pull yourself together," she snapped, her tone firm, but then softened as she added, "Just breathe."

The physical shock from Calista's touch snapped Scott back to reality, though he still furrowed his brows.

"You okay?" Stiles asked, genuine concern in his voice.

Scott nodded slowly, and Stiles let out a relieved sigh, slinging an arm around Cali's shoulders in a comforting manner. "Hey, all right? He didn't recognize you guys, right?" Stiles prompted, seeking reassurance.

Scott pondered the question for a moment before responding tentatively. "No... N-no, I don't think so..."

Turning to Calista, Stiles sought her opinion, "Does she know about him?" he asked, referring to Allison.