34. the one where everyone hates loud luke.

chapter thirty-four:
the one where everyone hates loud luke.

"I am soundproofing the fuck out of your bedroom tomorrow," Ashley groans, walking into the kitchen with a look bold enough to kill.

Luke and I glance up from our bowls of cereal, confused and all the more frightened by the glare being sent our way. All of our friends follow suit, each and every gaze more menacing than the last.

I sink further down into my seat, feeling sheepish for something I know I've done, yet something that hasn't been confirmed quite yet. Luke purses his lips together, amused.

"What?"

"I'm being serious. I'm doing it," Ashley carries on, sitting on the chair next to me. She then faces my direction. "Either that, or you sew your lips together whenever you and Luke decide to breed."

As if on cue, Luke chokes on the spoonful of food in his mouth, as shocked at her words as I am. My eyes widen, brain desperately racking the inner corners of my mind for any plausible excuses.

"We weren't- how did you- we didn't-"

"I heard it, too." a whine sounds from the figure leaning against the doorway and we turn to Calum. He's clutching his head, a growing grimace on his face that has undoubtedly been caused by Luke and I.

"I got four hours of sleep last night. Four!" he presses on.

"At least you got sleep." Michael nudges him.

"You guys are weak. I was knocked out the whole night," Ashton shrugs.

Luke clears his throat. "So you didn't hear us-"

"Nah."

"Then how did you-"

Ashton interrupts him by gesturing to the mess of blond curls in his head, a empty expression on his face. "I can tell by your hair, dude. You are so lazy, can't you get on top for once?"

"Anyway," I wince, just as the room is filled with everyone but Luke and I's laughter. His face is growing red and I have no doubt that mine is, too. "I'm uncomfortable. Someone quickly change the topic, please."

"No way are we dropping this. I'm going to buy you soundproof wall pads, I swear to it," Ashley notes, drinking from a glass and pointing a finger of accusation my way. "I lost precious sleep because of you. God forbid you two ever end up doing it in a goddamn library, because-"

"Oh my god, stop," I groan, covering my blushing face with my hands. Again, everyone laughs. "I hate you all."

"So do I." Luke quips.

"Fuck off. The pair of you," someone snaps, and I'm not surprised in the slightest once Bailey enters the room; her bedhead a mess and bags underneath her bloodshot eyes. Again, her tone doesn't surprise me; Bailey's not a morning person in the slightest. "I hate you. I hate you both. Both of you, I hate."

"Bail-" Calum tries, only to be interrupted.

"Shut up! Shut up," she turns on him, putting her face so close to his that it's almost comical. "You know how many hours I lost last night? I couldn't get any damn sleep because I had to listen to my best friend getting Hemmo-Humped until four in the fucking morning!"

"Hemmo Humped?!" Luke repeats, the end of his sentence going up in a squeak.

"Yes! Hemmo Humped!" Bailey shouts back, stomping her foot in frustration. "Honestly, learn to control that thing!" she points to his crotch and Luke turns away, eyes wide.