Chap 22 - Stowaways and Battling a Titan

Percy's POV
UGGH...what happened? My head was pounding and my body felt like it was thrown down a 50 ft building then being stampeded on by centaurs. I slowly got up, trying to pop my bones back into place. I scanned my surrounding and realized I'm in near Mount Othrys. Huh, I think I'm ahead of the others. They should be in Hoover Dam right about now. Nick would have run into Rachel. I wonder if she remembers me. She didn't exactly betray me but she also ignored me and gave me dirty looks. Whatever, I'll just start over with her. Maybe. I walked towards the Garden of the Hesperides and saw the outline of Ladon curled around a tree. I stopped a few feet away and decided to wait for the rest first. I sat on a boulder and put my bag next to it. I was busy drinking water when my bag wiggled. I stared at it as it continued to wiggle some more. The flap flipped opened and Draco crawled out.

"Draco? What are you doing here?" I asked, bewildered.

"Well Lilith heard that her rider has been captured and wanted to help." He said.

"Lilith? Don't tell me she's in there too," I groaned.

Lilith crawled out and said a quick hello. I chuckled and shook my head at the two.

"You guys hungry?" I asked.

They nodded their tiny scaly heads at me and I summoned some juicy steaks. As soon as they finished, they crawled back into my bag.

"How are we suppose to get through Ladon?" I heard a voice ask.

I turned and saw Zoë, Bianca, Nico, Annabeth and Nick walking up to the gardens.

"I'll just kill it," said Nick as he took his sword out.

"This is no time to be an idiot. No one has ever survived Ladon. We will have to sneak around him." Said Zoë.

"There's no need for that. I can just teleport us up there." I said walking up to her.

They swivelled around and I found myself being crushed by two girls and a boy. Eventually they got off me and suddenly my head snapped to the right with a pulsing pain on my cheek.

"Don't ever do something that stupid again!" Zoë shouted.

I smiled and nodded at her while rubbing my cheek. I opened a portal and one by one they stepped through. We appeared in the middle of a cave. Well it looks like a cave. I looked around and saw Artemis holding up the sky.

"So the little demigods and the traitor finally showed up." A voice boomed.

Atlas stood in front of us with James at his side, a knife to Thalia's neck. An army of monsters were behind them.

Third person POV
Percy glared at James and growled out, "Let her go."

Atlas rumbled with laughter and said, "Why don't you come and get her."

Télos and Archí appeared in Percy's hands. Percy charged at the still laughing Titan. Zoë, Bianca and Nico immediately went for James while Annabeth and Nick were trying to kill as many monsters as possible. Percy swung his swords but they were deflected by Atlas' spear. The force behind the block flung Percy across the cave. Percy looked up to see Atlas jab the spear towards him. Percy rolled to the side and went back to hacking and slashing at Atlas, who was successfully blocking all his attacks. Percy caught a glance of his girlfriends and brother (Nico) being outnumbered by James and a few dozen monsters. He saw his bag lying on the floor and got an idea. "Draco! Lilith! I need your help!" Percy shouted. The two dragons stuck there heads out and saw the commotion. Immediately they grew to their original sizes and gave a roar so loud it rivalled Zeus' thunder.

Atlas turned and his eyes went wide.

"Impossible." He whispered.

Percy took advantage of Atlas' distraction and sliced at the titan's legs and arms. Atlas roared in pain and focused back on Percy. Atlas repeatedly swung his spear at Percy. Percy wasn't fast enough and was knocked beside the sky.

'I can't do this. I'm still weak from the explosion.' He thought.

Draco blew fire onto Atlas when he saw his rider getting tossed around. While Atlas was distracted, Percy turned to Artemis.

"Give me the sky. You have to defeat Atlas. I'm not strong enough." Percy said.

Before she could protest, I took the sky and pushed her from beneath it. As the sky rested on his shoulders all Percy could feel was agony. He may be a son of chaos but he is still a demigod (demiprimordial?). He struggled to keep the sky on his shoulders and not let it slip. He watched as Artemis was landing blow after blow on Atlas. Zoë, Bianca and Nico were decimating the monster army with the help of a free Thalia and the two dragons. Annabeth and Nick were fighting James, pushing towards a ledge.

Percy's POV
I could finally breath when something collided into me and pushed me out from under the sky.

"Nooo! You will all pay for this. Kronos will destroy you all!" Atlas shouted.

"I have to go to the council and inform them of the events." Artemis said.

I looked at her incredulously, "Artemis you just got out from holding the sky and battling Atlas. You should rest first to we can call Apollo."

"No there's no time and I'm fine Perseus. Really." She said, kissing me on the cheek.

She disappeared in a flash of silver light along with Annabeth and Nick. I heard a cry of pain and turned to see Zoë lying on the ground and Thalia hovering above her. I rushed to Zoë's side and asked Thalia what happened.

"Atlas got a lucky shot at her before Artemis pushed him back under the sky." Thalia said.

I quickly summoned some ambrosia and fed it to Zoë. I offered some to Thalia but she refused. Once I made sure Zoë was alright, I turned to the others.

"So you guys wanna go back or see what's happening right on Olympus?" I asked. They voted to go to Olympus. Before we left for Olympus, I asked Draco and Lilith to shrink and hide in my bag again so that the Olympians won't sense them. I teleported us to the throne room and flew up to the ceiling so that they won't see us. I summoned some floating couches so that I won't have to constantly use my wind power to keep us floating. I looked down and saw them discussing about Artemis' recent capture.

Third person POV
Annabeth and Nick were retelling the journey of the quest and when they finished Zeus turned to Artemis.

"And what of the beast you were hunting?" He asked.

"I don't know what it is or where it is. I wasn't able to find it before the Titans captured me." Artemis lied.

"I want nymphs and satyrs looking for that creature. We can't let it fall into the Titans hands." Zeus boomed.

"Wait. I might know what the beast is. I questioned Nereus and he told me the beast was called the Ophiotaurus." Nick said. Percy glared at the son of Poseidon from above.

'Dam that sea spawn. They weren't suppose to know.' Percy thought grumbled (is that a thing?).

"Poseidon I want your people looking for that creature." Zeus commanded.

Poseidon nodded at his brother.

"What about the son of Chaos. What should we do about him?" Asked Athena.

Zeus looked at the demigods and said, "You two will keep an eye on that boy and make sure he doesn't plan anything. If he does I want you to report to me immediately. Understood?"

The two demigods nodded furiously.

'Hmm this could be an advantage.' Percy thought.

"If there is nothing else to discuss about then council dismissed." Zeus thundered, flashing out.

The gods flashed out one by one until all that's left is the two demigods and Artemis.

"I shall take you back to camp." She said.

With a snap of her fingers they disappeared. Percy looked at the others and teleported them back to the Chaos cabin.