Comfort

You saw Emily, lifeless, lying on the floor. Bloodstained carpet. The tears run down your face as you see your best friend on the floor, dead. Mark runs in when he hears you scream. "Y/N what's wrong?" He asked, before he sees the blood on your hands. You both went outside. Mark calling the police, you shrieking in the background.

By the time the cops came, you were calm. You leaned your head onto Marks shoulder. When you first saw the police come out with a body bag, you turned away and pulled yourself into Mark. He rapped his arms around you and, for once, you felt safe.

The police had to investigate your house, so you had to take your stuff and stay at Marks place. You and Mark got in the car, but sat in silence for at least five minutes. "Why would some one do this? Who would kill an innocent person?" You asked rhetorically, putting your face in your palms. "Are you OK?" He asked. You leaned over to hug him for the hundredth time that day. "I guess." You said, with your face buried in his shirt.

When you got to Marks house you went inside and fell on the floor. You start to think of Emily. You feel a tear run down your face. Mark runs to you and takes your hand. He pulls you up and raps his arm around you again.
You cry into him and try rapping yours arms around him, you can't. You look up at him and he kisses you.

Mark sat on the couch comforting you. You were traumatized. So many  thoughts were running through your head. Its tough enough that you lost your best friend, but now the only family you have is Mark.