19

I guess not many people are reading this right know, as the last chapter was kind of a cliffhanger...

------------------------------------------------------------

The models sudden action surprised Taylor so much, that she just remained in her position, eyes still closed, not making any move like she was paralyzed.

It felt like somebody slowed down time, seconds felt like minutes, minutes felt like hours.

Just seconds ago she was sure, that she would end up laying dead in this broom closet, a sea of blood around her, killed by an angry Karlie Kloss. This seemed to be what you call a drastic turn of events.

It took until Karlie backed off a little, breaking the kiss the two shared, for Taylor to make the first motion. She slowly opened up her blue eyes, raised her hand and touched her red lips, unsure of what just happened. She looked into the models green eyes, desperately searching for an explanation.

Their eyes met only for less than a second, then Karlies eyelashes closed, hiding hers from the singer.

But it was enough for the blonde to see that something inside the model had changed. The anger from earlier got replaced with something Taylor could only identify as...fear.

What had just happened?

"Fuck.", the model started cursing. "Fuckfuckfuckfuck."

Slowly the brunette sank onto her knees, her slender hands gripping the roots of her hair tightly, while she continued cursing. Hot tears started dropping onto the pair of jeans she was wearing, while she put her elbows onto her knees, her hands still in her hair, still cursing.

"FUCK!", she screamed loudly and then broke down into sobs, only to scream again. The singer watched her wrist, only to notice that it started shaking, confirming Taylor's assumption from earlier.

Taylor watched her opposite for a while, still too confused to understand anything, it took her a few moments to even notice that the model was crying.

Slowly the singer crouched down, which went less gracefully than intended, since Karlie didn't give Taylor much space between herself and the wall, but as she succeeded, she slowly started rubbing the models back, not really sure what to do.

"It's alright.", Taylor said softly in an attempt to comfort Karlie.

"Fuck.", Karlie repeated, this time a little quieter than before.

"It's ok.", Taylor said again. "Everything will be ok."

She wished she could give a less vague answer, but for that, she simply didn't have enough knowledge of what was going on inside the brunettes mind. She was still too confused by the current events, one more unexpected than the other, to be able to figure out what was happening.

Her thoughts got interrupted by Karlie once again screaming loudly, her head was still bend down, her fingers were still tightly gripping the hairs roots, making her bun even messier than it already was. Her shoulders were shaking with every sob, tear after tear fell down her eyes that were shut tightly as the model tried to block out her emotions.

It took a while and a few encouraging words from Taylor, until Karlie eventually stopped sobbing and tried to calm down her breath.

"Can I ask you something?", Taylor said. As Karlie remained silent, only breathing in and out, her breath shaking, the singer took this as a signal to go on. "Why are you so afraid of falling in love?"

A silence followed in which Karlie sat up and leaned against the wall, now sitting on Taylor's left. She still didn't look at Taylor or gave an answer, which the singer took as a signal, that she took a step to far.