A delicious breakfast!

Frisk opened the door following the delicious smell she could smell from her room and went to the living room where Toriel was sat, reading a book titled '73 uses for shelled slugs'.
'Ah, hello my child. I see you have come for your breakfast have you? Well do not worry, it is ready and it is full of love! Please enjoy yourself to my book while I get it out of the oven and cut a slice for you' Toriel said as she sat up and walked into the kitchen. Frisk walked over to the chair with the book lay on it. 'Page 354, 2nd use, shelled slugs can be put into your garden to make wonderful decorations, as well as this they can-' Frisk immediately got bored and looked at the bookcase for more books. 'How to make a butterscotch pie' 'Pie recipes' '72 uses for snails'...oddly, one of the books wasn't inserted fully 'the mountain king' Frisk pulled it out to read it and as she did she noticed a jar hidden behind the books. She grabbed it and saw it was full of red candy. Feeling like trouble, she opened the jar and took one of the candy pieces out. She put it in her mouth and to her delight...it was spicy. Frisk hated spicy foods, except cinnamon of course, but is cinnamon really spicy? That's a mystery. She pulled out another one, took a bite and it tasted like strawberry! But the more she chewed it the spicier it became. She grabbed one more and bit it in half to see a pink inside full of red bits. Frisk threw it in the bin realising that there was small pieces of chilli inside of the candy.
'Are you okay in there Frisk? I am cutting up your breakfast for you, it's your favourite remember?' Toriel bellowed from the other room.
'Yeah,' Frisk shouted slightly quieter, her mouth still flaming.
'How were they, young Frisk?' said a squeeky, yet menacing voice. 'Are you enjoying those delicious candies?'
Frisk covered her ears and waited for Toriel to come back. Finally, Toriel entered the room holding a plate with a slice of...something on it. Frisk couldn't quite see what it was, she was way too small.
'♪Da da da daaaa!♪' Toriel sang as she lowered the plate to Frisk. And surprisingly, it was a butterscotch pie...
'It's your favourite, right?' Toriel asked, awaiting a good answer'
'Of course mom! You make the best butterscotch pies!' Frisk replied happily.

'It's your favourite, right?' Toriel asked, awaiting a good answer''Of course mom! You make the best butterscotch pies!' Frisk replied happily

'Thank you, my child' Toriel said hugging Frisk.
They sat on the sofa together, slightly cramped, eating butterscotch pie while Toriel read a book to Frisk.
'The mountain king'.