Chapter 8

The day finally came. It is the Hwarang parade. Jiyeon was helping her brother prepare. Jiyeon then took out the necklace that she bought for her brother "there you go" she exasperatedly sighed after she put the pendant on her tall brother (because she was petite).

Banryu admired the pendant that her thoughtful sister gave to him. He smiled a bit and patted her head "Thank you" Jiyeon nodded at him.

"Also, a bit of reminders" Jiyeon said once she remembers "Remember that you should not consider anyone as your servant just because they have a lower rank or if they are a half breed. Second, remember to not cause fights, third, even if i am not there, take care of yourself. Do not get hurt. And lastly..." Jiyeon paused and hugged her brother "Do good, alright?" Banryu hugged her back and muttered "Alright"

Jiyeon knew that he would not follow those reminders since he is known to be rude to others. Jiyeon broke the hung and smiled at him softly "Now, off you go" she playfully slapped his back which earned her a glare from Banryu

"I will see you once a week" she said and waved at him.

♥♥♥

When Banryu left, Jiyeon immediateky went to her room. She suddenly remembered the box with the name 'Seolbyun' carved in it.

She took the box out from her storage and there she saw the familiar designs intricated in it. She hesitated on opening it since she has a feeling that it is not yet time. But she ignored that feeling and was about to open it when someone knocked on her bedroom door.

She hurriedly put the box on the storage again and grabbed her makeup "come in" she said. Jihyo entered and bowed at her "What seems to be the matter Jihyo?" She asked facing the servant "Milady, Lady Sooyeon is here" Jihyo stated "Ah yes. Please tell her to come in" Jiyeon said while styling her hair "Yes milady" Jihyo went out and did as whe was ordered.

Jiyeon sighed in relief "That was close"

A second later, someone opened her door and before she knew it, she was already being dragged "Sooyeon what are you doing?" Jiyeon asked calmly "we have to go before the parade starts" Sooyeon hurriedly said.

Jiyeon let Sooyeon drag her while her face had a deadpan expression😐.

A minute later, the two ladies found a spot to watch the parade "Is there a particular reason why you dragged me here when i was supposed to watch the ceremony only?" Jiyeon asked her. Sooyeon thought for a while "mmm. No reason" she answered and smiled

( ̄^ ̄) Jiyeon

(^ω^)Sooyeon

The two chatted for a while until they saw something approach in the corner of their eyes. "Look! There they are!" A Random said while pointing at something. The Hwarangs to be exact.

From far away, Jiyeon could instantly see her brother. As always, he is emotionless. But nonetheless,she smiled at him proudly.

"Oh! Isn't that the Angel?" A Hwarang pointed at Jiyeon "It is" one replied. "But... Who is the one beside her" Another one said while pointing at Sooyeon "Isn't that Master Sooho's sister?" "Really? She's pretty though" "I agree. But no one can beat the Angel"

Jiyeon who heard all that, blushed a little. But when she made eye contact with Banryu she smiled and waved at him, he smiled a bit at her and faced forward. Jiyeon chuckled at her brother.

"Let's go to the field now" Sooyeon told Jiyeon and dragged her. Again.

Our poor Jiyeonㅠㅠ

                                                ❤❤❤

All the Hwarangs arrived at the fields as well as Sooyeon and our precious main character. By now, Jiyeon is crying in despair "At least let me walk Sooyeon-ah" she said cutely with a pout. Sooyeon just smiled and patted her head. "Sorry Jiyeon. I just get too excited" she tried to comfort her friend who seemed to ve mad at her.

Meanwhile, the Queen was scanning each Hwarang and had a proud look on her face, but she then noticed the two empty spaces. At the same time, Jiyeon also noticed someone missing. Jiyeon gripped her sword that she secretly hid in her hanbok as she remembered something.

                                       Flashback

While talking to Pa oh, Jiyeon noticed someone in the corner of her eyes. Jiyeon looked at that person and saw a man with a huge scar on his face "is there something wrong Lady Jiyeon?" Pa oh asked her. Jiyeon smiled at him "Oh it is nothing, please do not worry" Jiyeon looked again at the man and saw him looking at her with a smirk. Jiyeon looked at the man and glared at him. He is a well known gambler and

"Sooyeon, i'll be back in a while" Jiyeon hurriedly ran and tried not to bump to anyone, not waiting for her friend's reply "okay then, i will just wait here. Alone." Sooyeon said awkwardly.

Meanwhile, Jiyeon climbed in a rooftop (Like A ninja. Hiyah!) in order to find her friends. It's much more easier especially if you are an experienced warrior. And there she saw Sammekjong and Moomyung in a pinch. She silently took out her sword and jumped out of the rooftop without alarming the enemy.

She got her sword ready and attacked the first man. She was wearing her mask so she was not recognized. Except for Sammekjong who recognized her immediately. Since they were childhood friends.

As fast as lightning, all the men were on the ground. Jiyeon took off her mask and swept her hair back. She looked back at the two "You two okay?" she asked them with a smile. Sammekjong lightly blushed while Moomyung looked indifferent (typical Park Seojoon ~_~)

"Where's Ahro?" she then asked. The two men suddenly looked at each other as they forgot about Ahro for a minute. They both ran and Jiyeon followed.

Moomyung broke down the door and helped Ahro. Jiyeon quickly went in front of her traumatized friend. Without saying anything, she hugged her and patted her head. Ahro started sobbing. Sammekjong remembered how she woukd do this gesture to him when she saw him crying.

When they released Ahro, they hurriedly went out.

                                               ❤❤❤

A few minutes of running they finally arrived. But before the two men entered, Jiyeon called his "name"

"Ji Dwi!" she called him. The said man turned around and was surprised when Jiyeon hugged him.

Jiyeon looked at him and smiled "Good luck" and with that, she left the young lad who was a blushing mess.

"Oh, you are back and where have you been?" the two girls just smiled at their friend without answering her question leaving her confused.

"It has commenced"