04 | "She's Brittany, Brittany Munroe"

I had to keep reminding myself that there was only a day left till the weekend because otherwise I'd be tempted to drop dead right now.

The first week of school proved to be absolutely exhausting and it was only Thursday.

"What if under the glasses and horrifying fashion sense, Suspender Sam is actually Smoking Sam"

I shot Mia a deadpan look,

"Yeah you're right" Mia said shaking her head,

It was currently lunch here at Grove Hill High, Mia and I were walking to my locker to grab my books for my last two periods, Chase had a football team meeting early since they had to get ready for an upcoming game.

"Hey what about Mohawk Michael!"

"Mia!" I groaned,

"What? There are only a select few hotties here in Grove Hill I'm just trying to work with what I got!" she frowned.

This whole week she's been trying to focus on anything other than Chase and this new girl he fancies but for some reason he won't tell us her name.

"I think it's time for Operation Mase" I said smirking at her,

"Huh?" she looked at me dumbly.

"Chase and Mia, Mase!" I told her as she put two and two together,

"Oh no no no no! I've known him for years and he has not shown one sliver of interest in me, it's merely platonic"

"I guess we'll have to show him that this" I pinched Mia's floral white dress "is girlfriend material" I grinned at her.

We turned around and began walking.

Until I walked into a life sized Barbie.

And she spilt her strawberry milk all over herself.

"Watch it bitchface!" she yelled and I rolled my eyes,

There's one in every school.

"Creative" I muttered before pulling Mia along with me,

"Excuse me?" she nearly yelled in a high-pitched voice.

I refrained from rolling my eyes again before turning around to face her; Mia's eyes were wide as she took in the situation.

"Do you know who I am?" she asked in disbelief,

I really didn't.

"She's Brittany," one of her cronies said from beside her,

"Brittany Munroe" the other one said.

They both looked like carbon copies of each other.

"I don't think you're educated in the social hierarchy here sweetie" Brittany stated with so much venom she could be a snake for all I knew, "I am up here" she gestured to the ceiling, "and you are down here" she said pointing to the floor.

I burst out into laughter.

"I needed that today, phew, that was a good one. Very original by the way" I said in between fits of giggles, I clutched my stomach, "I can't breathe... No seriously you guys crack me up, I loved that, we should do it again sometime", I sobered up a little.

Only to see Brittany stomping up to me like a woman on a mission.

Suddenly four guys stepped in front of Mia and I, I recognized them as the guys from pre calc.

I saw Mia roll her eyes from beside me while Brittany stopped in her tracks.

"We're leaving" Mia whispered to me just as the guys said something to Brittany that made her back away from them,