even if it's fake || stiles stilinski

Life isn't easy. Life for Stiles Stilinski wasn't easy. Whether it was the stress from the supernatural, the financial struggles that him and his dad were having, or even his god damn anxiety. It was all just too hard. But Y/N. Y/N Y/L/N made everything seem worth it. That everything was going to be okay as long as he had her right by his side.

Their relationship was practically perfect. They started out as best friends from childhood, but then they slowly became something more. She looked at him like he was the stars and he looked at her like she was the sun. Stiles and Y/N adored each other, there was no doubt about that.

"If you're that tired I can take you upstairs" Stiles' calming voice pulled Y/N from the sleep she was drifting into.

Y/N turned over in his arms, laying her head on his beating heart and the movement caused the hammock to sway slightly. This is where they spent most of their time. California was usually warm and beautiful outside so they'd just lay in the hammock that was in Y/N's backyard. "I'm not tired. I'm just resting my eyes."

He chuckled when a yawn escaped her mouth. "You're a liar, you know that?"

"Okay, I'm tired. I just want to lay here. Everything's perfect." Y/N smiled in content. The warm, summer wind blew and warmed Y/N's body. The sound of Stiles' heart beating and the birds chirping made her happy. Even the smell of the freshly cut, green grass lingered in her nose and painted a permanent memory in her brain. "Will you just lay here with me?"

Stiles' arm pulled her closer to his body and he hummed in agreement. His eyes fluttered closed and his long, slender fingers traced indecipherable patterns on her summer sun kissed skin. "I love you, Stiles." Y/N whispered right before she fell into a peaceful sleep. She figured Stiles was sleeping when she said those four words. He hadn't moved or said anything in about twenty minutes, but she needed to say it even if he never heard it.

But he was on the edge of falling into a slumber when the words ran through his ears and fluttered in his heart. He didn't open his eyes, he didn't have the strength to keep them from closing at the hands of fatigue. "I love you, too."

From the moment their parents saw their friendship appear, they knew that it wouldn't always be a friendship. Stiles and Y/N were a predictable pair. Total opposites, but somehow predictable. Before his wife passed away, Stiles' father told her of how Stiles looked at Y/N. Even though he was only six years old, he looked at her like she was the only thing in the room. Like she was the only thing that mattered. He could completely forget about his Star Wars action figures because this girl with two pigtails had his full attention.

Y/N's parents saw how their daughter's face lit up like a Christmas tree when she'd talk about the clumsy boy. Everyday she would come home from school and tell her mom and dad about how Stiles let her use his crayons or how she helped him make the Fruit Loop cereal necklace they made during art. The two loved each other before they even knew what love was.

When they started developing more mature feelings in tenth grade, it didn't take long for either of them to become something more than just friends. Being Scott McCall's best friend pulled Stiles into the supernatural. He did his absolute best to keep Y/N out of it. He did very good at keeping her out of it. That is until Lydia discovered she was a banshee. Y/N was also Allison and Lydia's best friend so then she became part of the crazy life they lived. Stiles and Y/N got through anything that was thrown at them together. The couple made it through the Nogitsune, the Benefactor, a pack of Alpha werewolves. Everything that happened only made their relationship grow stronger.

Stiles and Theo stood on the roof of the hospital. Theo had just killed Josh and Stiles saw the whole thing. Neither of the boys had said a word, but the air was tense and was just waiting to be cut when someone spoke. Thankfully, Theo was the one to do it.