123

Coffin

Coffin

"Wake the hell up, doll face! We're going on an adventure," Negan shouted, barging into Katie's room. She dragged herself out of the bed, terrified for what came next. When she walked into the rear courtyard of the Sanctuary, Sasha and Eugene were there.

"Sasha?" Katie asked quickly, jogging towards her. The women pulled each other into a tight hug, happy to see that the other wasn't dead.

"Are you okay?" Katie asked quickly.

"I will be," Sasha said with a small smile.

"What the hell is this?" Katie asked, turning to Negan as she pointed to the coffin sitting on the bed of the truck.

"Just a little present for Dick-- I mean Prick-- Rick. That's his name," Negan said happily.

"Seems a little overdramatic," Katie scoffed.

"I'll get in it now," Sasha said quickly, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Jesus. You don't have to take the trip in this thing," Negan said.

"It's fine. I need the rest," Sasha shrugged. Katie furrowed her eyebrows at her, wondering why the hell she would want to spend a couple of hours in a coffin.

"No shit," Negan sighed, impressed.

"I just want to go to sleep. I just need a little bottle of water and I'm fine," Sasha sighed.

"You sure?" Katie asked, concerned.

"I'm gonna be okay, Katie," Sasha said, putting her hand on Katie's arm, offering her a small smile.

"Listen. I know how tough this is and I appreciate it," Negan said charismatically. He opened up the coffin and Sasha climbed in without another word.

"Damn, you are something else," Negan sighed as he closed the coffin.

"You know, you almost sounded genuine back there," Katie scoffed sarcastically.

"Just get in the damn car, doll face," Negan scoffed, climbing down off of the truck and getting into the front cab. Katie hopped in next to him, wishing to be anywhere else in the world.

About an hour down the road, they hit a wall of trees that had been cut down and cast in the road.

"Stay in the car," Negan growled angrily, getting out of the car to see what the hell was going on. Katie tapped her fingers on the dash board in annoyance, waiting for the trees to be cleared. It took another hour, but they finally got on the road again.

"You think Rick the Dick did this one?" Negan asked frustratedly.

"Avoidance isn't his style," Katie said, skating her head. After another couple hours of driving,  they finally pulled up to Alexandria. The truck that Negan and Katie rode in stayed in the back, unable to be seen from the front gate.