Ch. 7 Conversing To Do...

Green. His eyes are green.

I have dreamt and drove myself over the cliff crazy for 11 years because of those eyes. All because of these very marbles peering down at me this exactly moment.

Quickly rising to my feet, I brush off any signs of dust from my colorless gown and offer an awkward smile his way.

"Sorry, I was just heading-"

"I know" he curtly cut me off.

Not knowing what to respond to that with, I attempted to move this fidgety process along and leave. As I try to walk past him, I offer a small smile as a farewell... But he had better ideas.

"Not so fast there, young lady.." His warm, large hand grasped my semi-toned arm and pulled it back towards himself so I was standing directly in front of him.

I stared up at him with confusion swirling freely through my wide, doe eyes.

"Why don't we have a little chat, ey?" He rhetorically questioned, already guiding me with an enormous hand on the small of my back towards the Grand Stairwell.

"How about you show me the way to your realm, angel." His raspy, yet soft voice whispered into my ear from behind.

I merely shuddered and silently nodded.

What happened to my Dad? All that's going through my hesitant head right now is the prayers that he is safe in a retreat station somewhere close. He's all I have left of everything I've ever known. Though, sometimes he can be a real hassle to deal along side with, I know he's only choosing what he's doing for my own good- or at least of what he thinks is for my own well being.

Shakily, I work my way up to my room. I don't dare turn back to ensure he's still following. I don't have to. I can hear- even though he's a few feet behind me- his heavy, yet steady breathing, moving through his lungs at an even pace, and the hard sound of his own boots pushing against the marvel flooring every single step he takes.

When I reach my double doors, my actions- along with the sound of his, are abruptly ceased. My trembling hand reaches out to grasp the knob, and twist it open.

The door opens with a sharp "click".

I inhale an anxious breath of fresh air and seconds later, release it.

Once entered inside the familiar room, I stand to the side to allow the strange, yet enchanting man inside.

The door closes with a sharp "click".

My heart slips down to the pit of my stomach as the giant turns to look at me.

"Sit down, darling. Please. We've got a bit of conversing to do." He asked/demanded.

Deciding to obey the strange man, for what ever reason, (possibly because of the settings taking place in my sweet, safe haven- making it a bit more comfortable for me) I took a sit down onto my bed.

Seconds later, he joined me a few inches over.