ー @becauseclifbars x Eddie

it was a warm day in derry. the sun was out, kids were playing, a perfect day for children to go missing.

maddy sat on a swing in the school park. many kids were at the park this Saturday afternoon. it was a town policy to be with friends and not travel alone. even though she was alone, at least there were other children and parents around.
then to maddy's surprise, a young boy sat down on the swing beside her.

"you're not supposed to be alone. town rules." he pulled out his inhaler and well, inhaled.
she looked up at him. eddie kaspbrak. a friendly, yet shy young boy who attended the same school maddy did. he always needed to use his inhaler. it was quite annoying in quiet reading during class.

"why does it matter? there's lots of people around." she continued to look at him.
he used his inhaler, his voice trembling slightly. something was off. "it's just better to be safe."
"have you seen something?" she was curious.
he got off the swing quickly and used his inhaler again. "I have to go. see you later." he smiled and left.

the following Monday, maddy had three out of five classes with eddie.
every time she was just about to talk to him, he scrambled away. he was hiding something, and she wanted to know what.
during lunch maddy tracked eddie down and shoved him into the janitors closet.

"kaspbrak."

"uh.. maddy."

"what are you hiding? I know there is something because you bolted out of the park on Saturday," she took a step closer "tell me why."
he gulped and pulled out his inhaler and huffed.
"t-there's this thing. it's creepy. that's all. I just wanted you to be safe, and by disappear."

she felt herself blushing. he didn't want her to disappear.

"well.. I guess thanks." she smiled and opened the closet.
"um... Bye." he exited and went to his friends.

maddy didn't think about "the creepy thing." she was to busy thinking about eddie. maybe if she had thought about it, she wouldn't of disappeared. and eddie wouldn't of been heartbroken.

{IT SUCKS IM SO SORRY}