Chapter 4

“Oh hi!” I told him. I was trying to act neutral after the whole Luke situation.

“Hey about earlier I’m sorry for not running after you or-“

“It’s fine.” I told him and tried to pull the best smile that I could.

So not hard feelings then?” He said as he was nervously putting his hands in his pocket and giving me that shy smile of his.

“None.” I said and gave him a smile. It was quiet for the next thirty seconds. He was once again looking down at his shoes, but I could see that he was smiling.           

“Well I should go back to my dorm-“

“Yeah me too.” Ashton interrupted and then looked alarmed. “I mean my dorm not yours.”

I laughed at this and he turned extremely red.

“Yeah I’m just going to go.” Ashton said.

“See you tomorrow then!”

“Yeah.”

Ashton started to walk toward me and I started to walk toward him and we both bumped to each other. At this, we both flushed. I could feel the butterflies starting up in my stomach.

“I’m sorry.” Ashton said worried and nervously.

“Me too.”

Without any other words, I headed back to the dorms. I looked back at Ashton and he was already gone in the distance. I chuckled to myself on what had just happened.  For some minutes there I had forgotten all that had happened with Luke.

I went back to the dorms and in Kailee’s bed sat Lola. Kailee was on her desk with her laptop.

“Hey Izzie!” Lola yelled.

“Hey! How’d today go?” Kailee asked.

“Great.” I thought about telling them the truth about how half of today was pretty horrible because of Luke, but I stopped myself. I really wasn’t in the mood to get angry all over again over some jerky guy who thinks he has the whole world at his fingertips.

“Really? Who was in your groups?” Kailee asked standing up from her chair to join Lola in the bed.

“For music it was Ashton and these other two that-“, Lola immediately interrupted me.

“Ashton? You guys met?” Lola asked.

“Yeah, yesterday.” I told her.

“How did that work because it’s hard to ever get words out of that guy.” Lola said and got out of the bed and went to the fridge. “Unless of course, you are one of his mates.” I nodded my head not really knowing what to say. Ashton was talking to me though and it’s not like I forced words out of him. Yes, he looked pretty shy, but he was still talking.

“So Bella, who was in your second group?” Kailee asked.

“Um.” I thought about telling them a fake name or something, but then again what is that going to do. “Luke, I think his name was.”

“Hemmings or Brooks?” Lola asked

“Obviously Brooks. Hemmings doesn’t do theater!” Kailee said.

“Wait a minute, so you got Brooks? Why aren’t you making a big deal about this?” Lola asked grinning as she sat back on the bed.

“Luke is really cute, but his brother Jai is way better!” Kailee said.

“In bed?” Lola asked with a wink. Kailee threw a pencil that she had in her hand.

“I did not sleep with him!” She yelled.