It Happens

They love performing. Both of them do. And they can say performing loves them too.

They can sing. They can dance. They can sing and dance. And they do this very well.

The crowd loves them too.

They make sure every show they go to will be memorable for their fans. Their performance a level higher after the next.

They innovate.

They take risks.

They're not afraid.

This is what theyre born to do. They wanna perform. They wanna make people happy. They make sure they give their best to their fans.

'You ready?'

James casually asks Nadine as they stand backstage, getting ready for their next production number.

Nadine smiles at him and nods.

'Of course.' She answers simply.

Theyve done this so many times. Again and again, tour after tour. Of course, they're ready.

They're confident.

It's showtime.

The crowd screams in excitement as Nadine twirls into James grip along with the slow music playing for them. They sway side by side before they let each other go, walking to a certain distance required to the dance step.

They face each other again, waiting for the music cue.

This is it. The beat plays.

Nadine runs toward James as he prepares himself to the move. She jumps and wraps her legs around his torso. His hand move around her waist to secure her position before he twirls her around while she's suspended on him.

But the spolight becomes too bright, it catches James' eyes and it blinds him.

Panic is all over James' mind.

For a moment, he wasn't sure what he was doing. He couldn't see where he's stepping. The momentary blindness disorients him. He tries to stop but the momentum of the twirling move with Nadine staying suspended around him makes it very difficult.

He needs to stop! But it's too late. Nadine jumps off him, not knowing he's not ready.

The next thing he hears were a lot of people screaming. And it wasn't from excitement.

He can never forget how Nadine, the love of his life, lay unmoving and crumpled just a few feet away from him.

News got out. Headlines were everywhere.

NADINE LUSTRE GETS INTO ACCIDENT WHILE PERFORMING RISKY DANCE MOVE WITH JAMES REID.

JAMES HINULOG SI NADINE SA STAGE!!

NADINE NAAKSIDENTE DAHIL KAY JAMES!

Some are concerned, but most are just adding insult to injury.

But James hears nothing. Nothing could break his walls of embarrassment and worry to what happened to Nadine.