10

"Hey, stupid, wake up!" Jongdeok hit me with a pillow, "Your psycho boyfriend's here."

"He's not my boyfriend," I got up and slipped on some pants.

"Really? Then what's that?" He poked my chest.

"Um, it's a bruise."

"Bullshit," He laughed.

"Whatever," I put on a shirt and ignored him.

"Mom, Jongdae has hickies!"

"Shut up!" I ran out of the door.

"Which tree should we build our tree house in, Chen? One at your house or my house?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't you want to make our lie more believable?"

"Do you even know how to build a treehouse?"

"I'm really good at building things."

"Can we build it at your house?"

"Yep," We started walking towards his house, "I started sketching some treehouse designs when I got home from the water park."

"You're really excited about this, aren't you?"

I'd never actually been to Xiumin's house before, it was actually kind of far from my own house, it sat on top of a hill. He didn't have any neighbors and his house was small like he'd said, but it had a big oak tree behind it.

"Yoona is scared of this tree, so she'd never invade our treehouse."

"Can we climb it?"

"I'll get a ladder," I climbed up as far as I could.

"You're like a little monkey," Xiumin caught up with me almost at the top, "Cutie," He pinched my nose.

"Don't tickle me, I'll fall out."

"One day, I'll marry you under this tree," He leaned back against the tree trunk, "And one day I'll be able to afford to build a treehouse."

"What about building a real house?"

"What? You don't want to live in a badass treehouse with me?"

"Okay, Xiumin-hyung."

"Can you come somewhere with me?"

"Where?"

"I want to see my dad. I want you to meet him."

"Really?"

"Yeah," He smiled, "I still have money too. I'll take you to breakfast."

"Okay," I hated how heavy the air always seemed in cemeteries and that there were always weird goth kids loitering.

"Hey, dad," Xiumin let his hands trace over a gravestone, "This is my Jongdae that I told you about. He's cute, right? Please watch over both of us."

"Nice to meet you," I'd never talked to a gravestone before. Xiumin pulled me into a hug, "It's okay, hyung."

"It's okay because you're here," I know he told me not to touch him, but I kissed him anyway, "I was only five, I just wish I could remember him better. I wish I'd gotten the chance to know him."

"I'm sorry, hyung."

"It's alright. I love you, Kim Jongdae."

Nobody had ever said that to me before, except for my mom. I never really thought anyone would ever say it to me either.