Chapter: 15 (Unedited)

I've been in love, Natalie.

Both of them held their breath and stared at each other.

Carmine blinked and shook his head.

"What did you just say, Carmine?"

Carmine let out a nervous chuckle,"I have no freaking idea, Natalie."

"Y-you... You've been in.. in love?" Natalie stammered.

"It... It wasn't me saying that. I'm trying to think but my mind has just gone blank. I have no idea what made me say that."

Natalie just stared at him.

"But it feels real. I meant what I said. I can tell that." He whispered, equally shocked and amazed by his own words.

All of a sudden, Natalie found it hard to breathe. She felt like something just fell hard inside of her making her feel empty and heavy at the same time. She was getting a headache.

"You never told me that you were getting serious about some girl." Somehow she willed herself to talk.

Carmine looked at her intently. He scanned her face and her posture.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yeah." She avoided his gaze,"But I don't doubt it. You had stopped writing to me maybe it was because of.... her."

Carmine was noticing how Natalie got all pale, how she was trying her hardest to breathe, how her voice almost break at saying her and most of all how she was avoiding his gaze.

"Yeah," He replied, still staring at her with that intensity,"Maybe I stopped writing to you because of her. But I'm surprised about one thing."

Natalie couldn't take it anymore. She could feel his eyes on her with such burning intensity that she was getting all warm. She stood up and walked toward the music deck and checked the collection.

"Oh yeah, and what's that?" She tried to appear casual.

"That you didn't bring up a fight."

She turned her head toward him,"What do you mean?"

Carmine shrugged,"You hate it when you get to know about something that wasn't known to you before. You hate it when you realize that I was hiding something from you and you always bring up a fight. But you didn't do it today, why?"

Natalie looked away,"Guess, I'm getting used to the idea of you hiding things from me." With that said she pushed the button and No by Meghan Trainor blasted out at full volume. Carmine knew that she did it to stop him from saying anything else.

He stared at her as she unzipped her jacket and took it off and then her pony which still had half of her hair tied. She brushed them with her hand and ever so slowly moved her body to the rhythm.

She was hurting bad now. She hated that her hurting had nothing to do with her break up. So, she tried her best to get herself into her dancing. She was dancing, completely oblivious to her surroundings.

She was busy with it when she finally felt him even before he touched her.

She opened her eyes and sidestepped his touch. Her gaze clashed with his and she forgot to breathe. He had on such a heated look that she felt her heart beating out of her chest.

He looked like a predator and from the looks of it, she was definitely his prey.

Natalie didn't know how to describe her situation. They were playing, dancing and communicating in such a way that was making her knees weak. There was nothing funny about the whole situation.