Working literally in the speed of light, I made 5 and that was perfect. 

"60 seconds left!" chef Antoine yelled again.

Going over what I had done, I tried to remember what I was missing out on. The gold dust!! Searching the drawers for it, chef had started counting down the last 30 seconds. When I finally found it, I grabbed the brush and dabbed it on the gum paste flowers.

"Step away from your counters." he said and I released a long sigh.

"Sweet lord Kat. Why do you even bother coming for classes if you are this good?" Claire said.

Being the person I am, I picked out every bit of dislike that I saw in my cake "I could have done  a better job with the fondant. Maybe I should have used the other type of icing to hide the crumbs."

"If you hate yours this much, don't even come near my cake." she whined.

Chef Antoine went around grading everyone's cakes. He had the kind of look that screamed disappointment. I hoped that the cake I came up with would change his mood. When he finally did reach me, he had the same stoic expression. 

"Perfect. Just perfect. THIS, is a cake that is perfect." he repeated.

I bit my lip trying not to smile so widely. I could feel the hate emitting from most of the students. Claire was beaming with pride.

"Thank you sir." I said quietly.

"Your piping skills are amazing Katarina. So professional. Full marks for you!" he clapped his hand and everyone followed suit.

All I could do was smile. After class was done for the day, Claire and I met up with another friend of mine, Brianna.

"Bree, where are you. Hurry up, we are freezing out here." Claire yelled on the phone.

"Jesus. I'm here already." she walked out of the building.

"Took you long enough. What were you doing? Staring at the chef in charge again?" I teased.

A pale pink blush formed across her cheeks "OMG you were so perving on that guy again. What was his name again Kat?!" 

"Chef Robert. From Germany!" 

"You guys!! Stop! Someone is gonna hear us!" Bree pulled us away from the building and we started walking to where my car was parked.

The city was slowly shifting into winter and I was definitely loving it. 

"Oh.. guys. Our little dream space." Claire pointed.

A few months ago, we stumbled upon this building. The space was for sale and it was our dream to own it. Bree, Claire and I wanted to open a business together. A bakery cum bistro. The front section would be my artisanal bakery and the back would be a fancy bistro.

My expertise was baking nonetheless, but those two girls could put me to shame in my usual cooking class. Sure I could cook well, but it wasn't my forte. I wasn't at the level of producing fine dining food yet. Yet being the key word.

The three of us stood in front of the building looking at it in silence. "We need to make this happen." I said breaking the silence.

"Yea, how. My parent's aren't even paying for my education. They ain't gonna be paying for this." Brianna said.

"We could take on extra shifts or something?" Claire suggested.

"What we need to do, is build a fanbase. I guess we could do that by maybe setting up a booth at a farmer's market. Or multiple farmer's markets. That way, we make extra money, and build the fanbase and people will know more about us." they stared at me with an expression that resembled me looking like God.

"That's fucking genius Kat." Bree whispered.

"Major fucking genius." Claire jumped up and down.

"Let's get back to my place. I'm sure my nana will love this idea." we hurried to my car and when we made it back home, I screamed "Nana I'm home! The girls are with me!"

She came out of her room, holding a magazine. "Hello girls. Could I get you something to eat?"

"Hey Rosa. No we're good. Though, we have some really good news!" Claire said excitedly.

"Yea! Let's sit. Kat will explain." Bree motioned to the sofa.

"So nana. Remember I showed you that space a few blocks away from the school?" she shook her head meaning she understood.

"Well, I've come up with a plan on how we could save the money for it. I was thinking that Bree, Claire and I could start selling whatever we want at the local farmer's market. That way, while making money, we can start growing our fan base. That way, when it's time to open the shop, we know we will have customers." I looked at her expectantly.

"That's brilliant! Tell you what, I'll give the real estate agent a call, just to inquire what the asking price is. Then we can estimate how much you'll need to make." She said getting up and searching for her phone.

The three of us looked at each other and smiled.

Finally. Just finally, I wasn't worried about Talen or any other problem.

Comment and maybe vote? :)