"I advise you to apologize, Mr VanAssche. She kicks. And she kicks really hard." I saw the hurt on his face and turned to Nadia. She did not meet my eyes at first, but when she did, she mouthed a little 'sorry' to both Aaron and I.

"Alright," I said, wrapping my hands around Nadia's arm, "no apologizing. No arguing. Let's end this here and you come with me." I pulled Nadia away with me.

"Caro wait," Dylan's voice called for me as we turned the corner. I stopped and turned to him, my face stern. He really needed to let go of this argument. But when he came towards me, it wasn't what he wanted to talk about. "I'm leaving now. Enjoy your day."

Nadia freed her hand and stepped away, allowing me that conversation.

"Leaving already?" I asked, worried that he was angry after everything that had happened.

"Something came up."

"Is Uncle William okay?" I asked, concerned. Dylan's father was not in good health. That was the reason he was not at the ceremony. Aunt Jen, Dylan's mother, had stayed behind to look after him.

"He's fine. It's just work," he assured.

"Really? You're not leaving because you're mad, are you?"

He smiled. "Of course not. There was a shooting incident in LA. The situation was brought under control but I need to have a chat with the law enforcement there," Dylan explained casually.

It was difficult for me to wrap my head around what he was saying. "Shooting? Are you in trouble?" I asked.

"Not me," Dylan said. He kissed my cheek. "Congratulations. Ping me up if Woodwords gives you any trouble."

And then he was gone. I smiled and looked over at Nadia, "see. He is nice."

"Only to you," she said, following me inside the room.

"What did he do to you?" I asked. Nadia helped me with my wedding gown. It was too much to handle by myself alone.

"You remember the time when we lost our jobs at the cafe and I told you I'll let you know about my dream job when I get there?" she asked. I nodded. It was the day when Aaron had bought the cafe—correction, the whole area—where I used to work.

"Thanks to your cousin, I'm never getting there," she sighed. She was trying to play it cool, but I could see how troubled she was as she confessed that.

"Don't be cryptic, Nadia," I said, turning serious about it. She noticed the change and laughed in response.

"He's just a jerk, Caro. You love him. Keep it that way, you don't have to see the devil inside him," Nadia tried to convince me. She was quick to change the subject after that. And what she informed me next made me forget about it totally.

The firm she worked at currently had incurred some heavy losses recently. Mr Johnson, the firm owner, had decided to shut down the New York branch and shift everything to the main building in California to make up for the losses. A lot of employees were offered to shift with the firm. She was one of them and had decided to seize the opportunity. Since Nadia was terribly serious about the whole thing, and since I was saddened myself that she was shifting to another state, I refrained from telling her that Dylan lived and worked in California too. Considering how big California was, there were almost negligible chances of them ever crossing paths, so I kept that detail to myself.

"I'm going to miss you," I hugged her tightly.

"So am I," she said with a sad smile.

Later, I joined Aaron outside where the guests were waiting for me to toss the bouquet. It was the last thing after which Aaron and I would be leaving for our honeymoon. I burst out laughing when the bouquet of flowers landed in Nadia's hands. The guests were cheering while the girl holding it was staring at the flowers, her face expressing her confusion.