Four

Word Count: 2207

Chapter Four:

"Well, I was just about to go over and ask if I could have this dance with such a beautiful lady, but obviously my brother had other plans." 

I blushed as I slowly looked up at the crowned prince who was smirking down at me. One of his hands was pressed against my open thigh - there was a leg slit in the dress - tingles erupted from where his hand touched my bare skin which made my breath hitch. The other rested across my waist to balance me from falling. 

The Prince's eyes were a dark vibrant green that stood out from his pale complexion and his platinum blonde- almost white hair. They were easy to get lost in, and I felt as if the world had stopped when I stared into them. 

I blushed a darker shade of pink and pulled away from the Prince's powerful gaze. 

"Prince Adrian of Aldmist," I muttered softly, and respectfully bowed my head, and then I mumbled "I'm going to strangle that boy next chance I get." Which was directed at Prince Felix, who was smiling at us with a thumbs up. 

"You know it's a Capitol offense to threaten a prince." Prince Adrian smirked, a chuckle vibrating through his chest. He adjusted his hands on my waist so that we were dancing properly, the orchestra was playing a slow song. 

"It's also a Capitol offense to make me come to a ball on a night when I'm supposed to be watching Netflix and shoving icecream in my mouth." I chuckled at the surprised look on his face, obviously no one at this ball had spoken to him like he was an actual person. Most of the women he had spoken to must have been blushing and pushing up their breasts to impress him, where as I was just trying to have a friendly conversation. He gave me a small smile and I stared longingly at his lips. His lips were a full dark pink color, which was another contrast to his pale skin. 

Wait what the hell am I doing? 

"Oh? And what might your name be so I may report this awful crime to the authorities?" He winked at me, before spinning me out and pulling me back in. 

"Jade," I replied, flashing him a smile, "But on the report you file, you must put 'Wizard Jade Of Netflix Land', I'm sure it'd make it easier for the police to find the perpetrator that way." I laughed, as we both spun to the quickening pace of the song. 

The prince sent me a breathtaking smile, one I had never seen him wear on the News on TV, or anywhere really. It seemed to be a rarity catching him smile at all, and it made my heart warm knowing that I had put it there. 

"Well then Wizard Jade Of Netflix Land, would you give me the honor of going on a walk outside with the beloved Crowned Prince Adrian Of Aldmist?" Prince Adrain quirked an eyebrow, and kept the smile that had blown me away on his face, holding out his arm to escort me. 

"A walk with the beloved Crowned Prince Of Aldmist?" I feigned surprise, holding my hand over my heart, "Why would I ever reject such an offer?" I placed my arm over his and he slowly led me  towards the back doors of the ball room, a triumphant smile graced his features.

I sent a glance at Prince Felix who was trying to talk to a bunch of elegant looking women, but was turned down as they stared enviously at me. I noticed then that several if not all of the women in the ball room had stopped their conversations and were staring at The Prince and I. 

Prince Felix sent me a wink before dissappearing back into the thick jungle of a crowd. Prince Adrian though, held the door open for me as a stepped outside, the cold evening air hitting my shoulders and blowing into my faced. Goosebumps rose on my skin as The Prince led me out onto a terrace.