54

He blew out a cloud of smoke not even turning towards me. "What are you doing here ash?"he asked. His attitude was sadder than usual.

   Um I go to school here, dumby ..

    "Can we talk?" I questioned in a soft voice.

"We have nothing to talk about." Andrew stated throwing the joint on the ground.

  "I missed you.." I trailed off in a sad tone. He looked down at his feet, crossing his arms. "A lot."

    It was quiet for a few seconds, but this is my chance to apologize. To make things right with the only person that really mattered.

    "Did you get my messages?"

"Yeah.." was his only reply.

   "You didn't even bother to open them?"

"I couldn't.."

   "Cmon Andrew, you could've at least read them." I pointed out.

  "Maybe I didn't want to." I could see that he tried hard to avoid eye contact.

    I reached for his left hand leaning on the hood of his black car. "Andrew, I'm so sorry.." he pulled his hand away from mine before I could touch it.

    That gesture hurt me. "Just don't.." Andrew said coldly.

"I know that your upset because of that night. I'm so sorry! You have no idea how terrible I feel."

  Silence.

    "I didn't know that I hurt you this badly. This is all my fault " I continued.

    "Not everything is about you ashley!" He boomed, startling me. "Geez!" He pulled out another roll of weed and his black lighter.

     Andrew pressed on the trigger revealing the small flame. He lit the joint putting it between his lips. I didn't know what to do or what to even say anymore.

   After all this time he was still furious with me. He won't even look at me.

   "So that's it? Your not even going to look at me?" I yelled, hopefully it would get him to at least look me in the eyes. I stood there waiting for him to say more than just one or two words.

    "Why are you even still here?" Andrew questioned finally turning towards me. He inhaled the smoke from the weed, blowing it out into my face.

   I coughed, waving it away. He scowled at me and for the first time in weeks I looked into his eyes. They seemed unfamiliar to me.

    His dark brown eyes were cold and held no emotion. It was like staring at a brick wall. It was almost as if there was a piece of him missing. He's right.

   Why am I even still here? I could've been half way home by now, instead I'm wasting my time on some heartless junky. Ugh, I'm honestly so done.

     "Ew what is she doing here?" A squeaky voice whined right into my ear. My eardrums felt like they were about to shatter from her sudden voice crack.

  The cringe is real.

"I thought I told you not to talk to her. You might get an STD!" She whispered the last part.

  Um excuse me?

"Oh you mean the one you already have? Yeah Andrew watch out for that one." I mocked. She glared at me gritting her crooked teeth.