Legacy: Chapter 58

Previously in Legacy

The blonde was seated down in the chair that Kelley had been sitting in a moment earlier, and Alex was whispering comforting nothings to her. But all Allie could comprehend with her pouring nose, aching jaw and pounding temples as Kelley's screams. "She cheated! She cheated! She goddamn cheated on me!"

And Allie felt horrible until she heard Hope's hissed response.

"Kelley, shut up!" Hope snapped sharply, her tone dark and low. "You should be the one to speak, knowing so much about cheating."

Kelley's struggle against Hope stopped and Alex froze next to Allie, who stared between Kelley and Alex and Hope in confusion. "What?" she asked after a moment, standing up from Alex's gentle grasp and moving towards Kelley, who was still on the floor with Hope. 

Allie's mouth was open as she looked at Kelley in indignation. "What?" she repeated, her blue grey eyes wide and starting to brim with tears. She pinched herself, but that only made her eyes swim more. The blonde took a step forward and the ground instantly blurred in front of her. She crashed to the floor and knelt in Alex's loose hand. Alex's grip had tightened and she was giving Allie a weird look, which she could only just make out through her running tears, mascara and blood. 

"Kels, what did you do?" Allie asked quietly, her voice shaking as she crawled closer to the freckled woman. 

Kelley shook her head and with Hope's arms resisting her, sank lower into the goalkeeper's waist. Kelley's cheeks pinked and she let out a soft whimper, a noise Allie had never heard her make before. "I didn't..." the girl trailed off, looking at Allie mournfully. Kelley's eyes said otherwise, though and Allie knew at once her girlfriend was lying to her. 

"You... didn't?" She started, her voice dangerous with anger. "Or you did?" Allie questioned meanly, her hands twitching with rage. 

Kelley looked at the wooden floorboards, her face flushed and her eyes driven with anything but regret. After regaining a shred of confidence, the woman looked up sharply. "I did," she declared. "I did, and I'm not ashamed of it." 

"You should be," Allie snarled in response. 

"Allie," Kelley fumed. "You are the one who should be ashamed. It's not me who kissed a junior who already has a girlfriend that she loves. And Alex is fucking single, it doesn't matter." 

Allie's mouth dropped open. "Alex?!" she retorted. "What the actual fuck, Kelley? Out of all people, her?" the blonde gestured wildly to the girl who had once again frozen behind her. 

"Yes, Alex," Kelley responded, escaping Hope's grasp and moving closer to the forward. The freckled woman grasped Alex's hand with her own bruised one and gave her a soft peck on the cheek. Alex couldn't hold back a little smile. Allie growled and Hope stepped backwards, beckoning Alex to back away. 

The goalkeeper was probably the most sensible of all of them. Okay, she was definitely the most sensible. Hope was the only one who realized the effect that this moment would have on their lives. Friendships were ruined if not forever, but for a long time. They would take a lot of patience and love to heal, two things that everyone had a lot of, just not for eachother. 

But Alex didn't leave Kelley's side, instead clutching her hand more tightly and moving closer and in front of the freckled woman. Allie glared at her with vexation. The blonde rubbed away some of the blood that had started to dry up on her nose, and used the coffee table to help her stand up. 

She cast a sullen look at Hope, who knew it was right to leave. She was halfway through the door when Kelley's voice called out, "Hope, stay. You're as much a part of this as we all are." 

The goalkeeper shrugged and stopped moving, watching the scene from more than a couple feet away. Her heart was beating rather quickly, and she wished that it all would just stop. Kelley turned her attention back towards Allie, and pushing Alex a little away, approached the blonde. 

"Kelley, I loved you," Allie managed in front of her. Her face was quickly paling and she looked close to puking up her breakfast. "I- I mean, I love you," she finished quietly, her gaze dropping to the floor. 

Kelley shook her head. "No," she said ominously. The freckled woman's auburn hair was cast over her shoulders in a frizzy ponytail and her hazel eyes were dark. "Don't. You've made your choice. And I've... made mine. There's no going back now." 

A tear leaked out of Allie's eye, who crumpled a little a gagged as a leaking of vomit landed on the floor. Kelley grabbed Alex's hand and guided her past the moaning Allie to the door. Hope, who was standing next to the door guardedly, gave Kelley a disillusionment look and rubbed against Alex's shoulder as both twenty-two year olds left silently. 

Hope was left alone in the apartment with Allie, who's sagging figure was slowly becoming part of the floor. Sobs heaved through the blonde's body as blonde and tears and throw up cascaded beneath her. Hope shook her head sadly and took a few steps closer to her friend, peeling her away from the ground. 

She held Allie against her sweaty chest but didn't try to comfort her or tell her it was going to be okay. Hope didn't want to lie.