Chapter Thirty Five

***

That same night, in my room, I came up with the decision to accept Rick. He'd waited as expected. Why beat around the bush again?
I got my phone and called him.

"Hello, Rick?"

"Hello honey, you already miss me?"

I laughed.

"You wish. I wanted to ask you something."

"Yes?"

"When is our second date?"

He was silent for a while and I chuckled.

"What?"

"Our second date. When is it??"

"Oh my gawd, are you accepting my invitation for a second date??."

"Yup."

"Wow! I'm really happy right now. This is great. I'll meet you during breakfast tomorrow so we talk better. Okay?"

"Okay." I smiled to myself.

"You just made my night."

"Good for you." I chuckled and hanged up before he could add another word.

Who knew what? If things worked out, maybe he'd be my next boyfriend.
Yasmin then entered the room. Of course I told her everything and she was more than pleased.

***

At breakfast the next morning, we three sat at the same table as usual. We chatted as we ate. At a point, Yasmin got up to go buy something and so I decided to tell Lucas about my relationship with Rick.

"I accepted a second date." I stated all of a sudden.

The eating Lucas looked up from his plate, lost.

"Huh?"

"I accepted a second date." I replied with a smile.

"Uh, with?"

"Rick of course."

Lucas's eyes widened slightly and I smirked, amused.

"A second date?? With him??"

"Yup. Did so yesterday. He's supposed to meet me now so we talk."

"Wow. That's– well, I hope you know accepting a second date is wanting to go further in a relationship."

"I know. He's been patient all this while. And plus he's nice."

"Yeah, he's– nice." Lucas said in an odd manner before leaning back into his chair. I stared at him.

"What? You're not happy for me or–"

"No, no, no. I am happy. For both of you. It's just..."

"Just what?"

"...surprising. How did he do it? I mean you seem to have developed feelings quite fast for him. He too but I understand because you're really pretty and stuff but your quick acceptance of him surprise me."

I chuckled.

"It surprises me too. It took me longer time to fall for King but with Rick, it was quite fast. Not like I'm deep for the guy but let's just say I appreciate or like him a lot."

"Wow. Nice choice. He's great."

At that moment, Rick walked up to our table.

"Good morning." he smiled and I smiled back.