chapter four

Stefan had spent some time with Damon. Cordelia's information made him hopeful. He left the need to tell someone else. His mind went to Damon instantly. Though he wasn't real, it felt real to him.

Though he was curious to what they found, or if they even found anything.

***

Stefan walked down the halls of Mystic Falls high school. He passed the men's room, smiling at the memory of how him and Elena first met.

He could hear a pair of feet coming closer to him, but then they went the other direction. They were coming from the gym. He looked through the window to see Cordelia running through a field of balloons and making them fly up as her feet hit them.

He chuckled at the sight, then opened the door and entered the gym. "You seem to be enjoying youself."

Cordelia turned to see Stefan. "Your school rocks! You had decade dances. The closest thing we had to dances at my school were for freshmen completing their first week of school and prom!" She exclaimed, kicking a few more ballots into the air.

"So," Stefan started, kicking a ballon into the air, "did you find anything out?"

Cordelia hit a ballon towards him with the palm of her hand. "Yes, actually!"

Stefan hit it back towards her. "Opal says she found that when you pass out, your last thought becomes something in your dream state." Stefan listen carefully whike passing the ballon back and forth.

"So technically your saying if I think of you before I die, you'll pass out and come here for who knows how long." Cordelia nodded.

Suddenly her nail touched the ball on and it popped, scaring her and causing her to scream. Then she laughed. Stefan smiled, keeping a laugh to himself.

"Oh, there's also something else." Cordelia remember, walking closer to Stefan.

"What?" He asked. Stefan couldn't help but notice that she was in her pajamas. She must be sleeping still.

"I had a dream. I was swimming. At the bottom of the water I saw a safe. I think it was the safe you're locked in." Stefan was surprised. That was huge. Maybe she could figure out where he is and let her out.

***

Stefan opened his eyes underwater. The whole drowning thing was getting annoying. His hunger was intense. He was tired of dying and coming alive again. But dying was his only way of distraction. He just wished it would last a little longer.

His mind drifted to Elena. He missed her. But the fact that he hardly thought about her never crossed his mind. It'd been so long since he'd done so.

He was losing hope of ever being found. Cordelia was his one chance if she ever started looking. He was at the edge of Mystic Falls when Silas had attacked him.

Stefan slowly began dying again.  He left all his air out. He was used to the burn in his lungs and throat. It was the one thing that made him realize that he was going to be alive forever, and that nothing as simple as drowning and starvation could kill him.

***

Shorter than usual but as I've said, these will be short chapters. It's like giving little bits of information each chapter and different perspectives. I'm really happy with the positive response you guys have given my two new books :) thank you♡ love you guys.