A New Day (1)

John Laurens had just moved into his new apartment in the Upper West Side of Manhattan. Today was his first day at work as a barista at a coffee shop down the road from his apartment. Everything went by smoothly and it wasn't a very busy day. After his shift ended, he went home and relaxed; proud of himself for getting though the day without messing up anything.

The next day he went to work again and the same people came and went, except for one person. John greeted him and took his order. The man took his coffee and sat down at a table and began typing away on his laptop.

John continued to work until his shift ended and went home. He repeated this for the next week; the man coming in every day and ordering the same thing. Today he was clearing some tables and was bringing back a tray of coffee cups, some of them still had coffee in them. He walked past the table that the man was siting at and tripped on a chair leg sticking out. The tray flew out of John's hands and coffee spilled all over the man sitting down.

"Oh my god, I am so so sorry," John said as he stood up, pulling his hair behind his ear.

The man pushed back in his chair and looked down and just stared at the coffee covering his shirt and pants. His face red with anger.

"I-I'm so sorry! I- Uh-" He fumbled around and grabbed a towel from his back pocket and handing it to the man.

"Its fine," He mumbled as he stood up and wiped the coffee off himself.

John stood there frozen not knowing what to do.

"I- Uh- I'll pay for your coffee! I'll go grab another towel," John said as he turned to run back to the counter and grab another towel.

He turned back around and brought the towel to the man and began picking up the coffee cups from the ground. He could tell the man was very irritated but tried to keep his cool.

"I'm really sorry about this. I'm new here and this is my first week and-" He began but was cut off.

"Its fine, I get it!" He snapped as he shoved the towels back to John and sat back down.

John hung his head and walked back behind the counter.

The only thing going through his head was "Idiot! How did you manage to fuck up so badly? He's obviously pissed at you! Great job!!".

John went the rest of the day angry at himself and went home and layed in bed staring at the ceiling. He really wasn't looking forward to going to work the next day. He started to cry and buried his face into his pillow and passed out.

He woke up the next day and forced himself to get out of bed and go to work. He walked into the shop and began the day like normal. As usual the man walked in and ordered his coffee. He could tell John was extremely nervous when talking to him now.

"Look, I'm sorry for yesterday. I was having a rough day and I normally wouldn't have been so aggressive," He said, his voice calm and quiet.

"It- Its fine. Really you should've yelled at me. I deserve it," John said as he began to make his coffee.

The man was shocked at his response.

"No you don't. How about uh- since we got off on the wrong hand, how about you join me for lunch and we can introduce ourselves properly?" The man asked with a warming smile on his face.

"Uh sure, I guess. I have off tomorrow so maybe we can't meet then?" John asked as he handed him his cup of coffee.

The man smiled and agreed. They planned to meet the next day at a small restaurant across the street. John was very pleased that the man wasn't angry at him anymore. He went home and was excited to get to know him. They introduced themselves earlier that day and John learned that his name was Alexander.

A/N
Hope you guys like the trash that I produce. I don't even know where this story will go because I thought of how they should meet and that was it. This should be fun.