Chapter 3

Chapter Three

"She's alive?" Alex whispered to himself unsure of the vision before him was real.

Standing in a long tight black dress holding his sons hand on top of the garden steps leading to the pack house. Was a tall graceful woman that looked like his daughters.

He caught his mate as she slipped lifeless in too his arms. The gasps could be heard around the pack. They did not know about the third baby that perished during the attack on the pack many years ago.

"Dad," Heaven came up to him to vigorously shake his arm, jolting her mother in the process.

"Who is that?" She pointed to the woman that was stood frozen on the steps. Her face a mask of fear.

Lisa managed to find her feet to stand upright with the help of her mate and Xander. She used the heels of her palm to wipe her eyes.

"I thought I saw Angel." She said almost dreamily.

"You did mum." Xander replied looking worriedly at his mum for signs of a breakdown. "She is up on the steps."

Lisa's head whipped round to look a the steps. Her heart was in her mouth. Her chest pounding at the realization that her daughter was alive. She kicked off her heels then hiked her dress up as she ran up the steps to her long lost daughter. Through the blur of her tears she stopped an inch away from her. Lisa hands went out to frame around her face.

The first time in twenty one years she is touching her daughter. The daughter that she thought was howling in the skies with the moon goddess herself.

Without any words being spoken she pulled her into her chest crushing her with her love.

"Xander!" Hayden said as he and Adam came to Xander's side. "What the hell is going on here. The pack is going wild."

Xander's eyes were rooted on the fairly new mother and daughter reunion on top of the steps. The girls face was obstructed by the view of his mother shoulder. His mum still hasn't released her but was crying. Sobs so loud he could hear it from where he was standing.

He saw his dad tentative approach them standing behind his mother with a stricken look on his face. The twins and the rest of his family must of came out of their daze as they soon followed suit, standing back giving Lisa time with her daughter.

"There were three babies born that night." Xander admitted quietly knowing that some of the pack has edged closer to listen to what he was saying.

Xander couldn't remember much, if anything at from before that night. His first memory was of his mother telling him he need to protect his sisters and then she went off to fight the bad she-wolf. He remembered the torment he felt at loosing his mother. The grief that would follow. He made her the promise to look after his sisters. From that promise that is why he always spoilt them. He loved Trisha. But the twins were his favorite.

"If three were born, why are we finding out about it now?" Questioned Laura who was the mother to Hayden.

"It was a private matter that my mother kept to herself." He said quickly. His patience running thin as he noticed he was drawing a crowd.

"Then where was she all this time?" The question was shouted at him from behind a couple of people.

Xander balled his fists in his hands ready to let out a roar of frustration. He felt overwhelmed. Pressure was mounting in head. His wolf was going stir crazy enticing him to go up those steps to see that wolf. He felt confused at the sensation he was feeling so he did the only thing he knew best.