Chapter 4; Bags of Cats

What You Read In The Last Chapter...
____________________________________________________________________________________________

I held in my gasp of surprise. He knew I was here the whole time. Alarm shot through my body knowing he was waiting for me.

I got up from behind the bush and walked towards him. Before I stepped out of the darkness a thunder-like sound trembled my body.

"Do not touch me again!" I knew it was Thor who had yelled, who was that loud anyway?______________________________________________________________________________

I stood in shock at Loki who was on the edge of the cliff. He faced the chasm as he motioned me to join him. Once I was near, he spun slowly to face me.

"What is your name, Mortal Child?" He bent down to my height which was to his bottom rib.

I took breathed slowly to calm my nerves. I am doing great; I just need to stay calm and play innocent.

I give my best innocent view and answer, "My name is Alex, but everyone just calls me X." I nod as if I was saying remarkably interesting facts.

"Why do they call you X, instead of your name?" Loki's eyebrows scrunch together, his tone and expression showed confusion and disgust.

"Not much is known about me, so they call me what was put on my papers." I shrug and watch Cap fight off in the distance.

"That must be irritating. Your own little team calling you 'unknown'" 

"Not really. It's quick and easy to write." I giggled.

A few moments tick by, and I conclude that It's my turn to question him.

"Why do you want to rule the world?" I plead quietly. Loki became uncomfortable, almost seeming to freeze up, and stood back to his normal size. He pulled at his armor around his neck before he started to speak once more.

"Why don't we each ask a question, all right? That way it would be fair." Loki said, I nodded quickly and giggled.

Hoping to sound like an eager child I squealed an, "Ok! You first!" I sat down and looked up at Loki, waiting for his question.

He sighed and sat down as well, "Why is a child, you, for example, fighting a dangerous fight?"

I hummed innocently thinking about how to answer, "I don't know, maybe they think I can hurt somebody. Like how I killed that fly yesterday!" I smiled and stood up, "I had this fly swatter, and I was trying to get the fly! Nobody else could get it, so it was up to me. I took the swatter in my hand and started to move it around where the fly was going. I cornered it, and then SWAMMM and SWWAAAAT! I killed it! I still have the body in a jar inside my room!" I pretended that I was trying to swat the fly as I told the story. I jumped from place to place, continuing to swat flies.