Rumors

It had been a month now. In that time Jason had flipped May's world upside down. They had been texting each other, a secret friend ship. But May didn't know how he felt. Everyday after school he would dream of May. And May soon felt the same way.

   September 17 "Hey May." Jason said as he walked up to May "I was wondering if you wanted to hand with us at lunch." She was so happy. Now everybody knew that Jason liked May. Even his girlfriend who was furious "So May..." said Angelina, Jason's girlfriend "Do you like Jason?" she blurted as if she were nervous. May blushed and shrugged. "Everybody is talking about you and Jason." said one of Angelina's friends "What do you mean?" asked May "You know! That you plan to get me out of his life." Angelina finally snapped. But that was not true. "Please Angelina, never would I get in the way of you and Jason." Angelina laughed "That's for sure. Because he wouldn't like you any ways." The girls left. I would never do that cried May to herself.

   The school janitor walked up the table May was at. "Is this your mess?" May slowly nodded. She took the blame for others like she always had. She went to pick up the empty soda can, when she reached for it Jason's hand took it instead. "I hope you can still hang at lunch." he whispered into her ear "I don't know. Angelina doesn't like me ." He looked at May in the eyes. He took a step forward "That doesn't mean I don't May." he said slowly. Right when she leaned forward, the bell rang. May jumped back as her face turned red "I'll see you at lunch." Jason said.