Chapter 47 // "When the banana meets the flower, just with a -Y at the end"

A date with Conner was something that I never imagined happening to me.

I look down at myself hoping I wasn't trying too hard. I wore my dark blue ripped skinny jeans and a casual red off the shoulder top.

Winter insisted on curling my hair and there was no stopping her when she wants to do something. I don't know how she did it but it too her less than 15 minutes to create big and bouncy curls out of my blonde hair. I looked in the mirror slightly disgusted, god my roots look so bad, they were so dark compared to the pretty blonde strands.

Obviously she was good at curling hair, she curled her ginger strands everyday without a doubt.

She gave a tight hug "Cress are you sure your okay you haven't been talking much lately"

Her green eyes were filled with concern.

I didn't remember much from the night the guys saved me.

I remember Conner striding in, the expression on his face was terrifying, menacing. He punched Aaron so hard, I swear it was going to leave a mark.

But what mattered to me was the he instantly came to me and wrapped his arms around me and made me feel safe. I remember violently shaking in his grip.

Behind him was Daniel and Aiden.

I didn't see much of what happened but I saw a brief moment of Daniel holding Ryan by the collar and knocking the shit out of him.

I remember Conner whispering in my ear that it was going to be okay and they were going to get me out of there.

He was the one that guided me out the hotel in to Daniel's familiar car. Giving me his jacket when I was shaking.

And that's when I truly realised I liked Conner Ryder.

Once we had reached home Winter and Emily came running to me wrapping their arms around me and crying.

I would be lying if I said the experience didn't scare me. And even though I pushed the memory aside it still sort of haunted me.

Inside the house I remember my brother giving me the longest hug, and apologising for being a shitty brother. Of course I told him it wasn't his fault.

"It was so cute of Conner to ask you to be his girlfriend" Winter comments taking me out my thoughts.

I knew she wasn't really happy about Conner and me because she thought I belonged with Elliott. Still she was trying to be the best friend she could.

I decided to wear my converse, no chance was I wearing heels after all the bruises I received last week. It takes time to heal.

Conner was already here when I walked down the stairs with Winter. It wasn't really that surprising  that he was already here seeing as he was my next door neighbour.

A warm smile on his face his blue-ish grey eyes looking happily towards me.

I took in his appearance, his collar stuck out of a white shirt he was wearing beneath a black sweater. The black sweater clung to him effortlessly.

Black was my favourite colour on guys, it was always the sexiest. And his ripped blue jeans, well they hugged him on all the right places.

"Snap" I say and everyone looks at me like I've gone crazy.

"We're wearing the exact same shoes"

He looks down at his converse and laughs.

"At least now everyone will know we're a couple"he smiles effortlessly showing of his pearly white teeth.