All Night Long

Everyone decided to sleep over because they were too lazy to walk home. I know, I would stay too. Everyone was already sleeping, but I couldn't sleep after that really long day. I can't believe all of that was done in one day

I went inside my room to watch some anime, since I was considering it for a while. When it came 12, I went out of my room to check up on them, and they were all sound asleep. I went upstairs to check if Sophie fell asleep, which she did. But when I was going to my room, I see the lights in the bathroom was on... I checked if anyone was missing. Joey. I checked to see if he was in there.  

I put my ear on the door, and hear him cry. I really need to pee. The door was unlocked, so I opened it. When I did, pieces of a shattered mirror and the floor dripped blood, while he sat there examining his wounds and traces the blood on his arms.

"Joey what the hell is going on?" I look at him, concerned. I carefully walk towards him so I wouldn't step on a shard of glass. 

"Why do you even care." he finally spoke as he stared at me struggle walking through with the scattered broken mirror peices 

"I know you have problems right now, but breaking my vanity mirror is not it," i try to make a joke. he doesn't laugh. okay, maybe this is not the time. 

"its like I can't trust anyone nowadays," he addresses. "I don't know if they'll use me." 

"I've been here though it all, and I don't use you." I try to say something. "I ask you to keep me out of your business." 

"don't you have a boyfriend to care about?" joey asks as he finally gets up from the floor and grab my hand to help me get through. "be careful, there's a small one right by your foot." 

"Alejandro is not my boyfriend. gross." I joke a gag and laugh it off. 

"Then whats with the secrets and the "waiting" or whatever it is?" he questioned. "you never really told me what happened in San Fran." 

"it was hard to make friends, but Alejandro was basically forced to be friends with me." i point out. "then things went the way it did, and we ended up liking each other, but not dating. then we kissed before I left, and that is the end of the story. Joey you already know that is my life. I meet different people all the time, but they never lasts because I end up leaving."

the wounds on his knuckles still have blood run down his arm. I get to him and grab his hand to put it under the running water in the sink. "but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter, because I know that you'll be there. always." as he scrunches his nose and winces to the sting, i grab the alcohol from the medicine cabinet. "And I will always be here for you in the end. we're basically stuck with each other. so a couple of problematic relationships and hate comments can't do anything." 

"sorry for breaking your vanity," he stutters as I dab the cottonball soaked with alcohol onto his wound. 

"don't worry about it, I wanted to buy a new one anyways with a light," i accept his apology. I mean it was a gift from a cousin who I never saw in a long time, but now is  not the right time to worry about it. "just don't lash out in the bathroom on any mirrors again, and talk to me if you want. I will always be here. like literally. I can't stay in my own home." 

He finished it off by wrapping his arm with a cloth bandage. "thanks anna." 

"um no," i crouch down to open the cabinet under the sink and grabbing the small dust pan and broom. "you're cleaning this up. I'm going to bed." 

I tiptoed myself out of the bathroom into my room, forgetting that I needed to pee. I held it in. 

I was in my room continued watching the anime, with the thought running in my head on why he lashed out. I fell asleep along the thought. What if it was about me? No, he's just going through a breakup, and I'm just being a narcissist as always. 

"Anna I won't be coming home tonight, I'll be coming back tomorrow morning. Goodnight sweetie, oh tell Joey and Sophie I told them goodnight." a text from Auntie Jen wakes me up. it's already 3 am and my computer still played the show. Well I was too sleepy to reply, but I had to, so I texted back. "Okay, will see you in the morning. stay safe." 

Then after that text, I was already knocked out to sleep.  I had an excuse because I had to deal with two breakups today and a reunion with a long lost friend. What a long day with so many things that happened to me.