The Last of It: Chapter 5

Hey guys. So I decided to upload today. :-) It may be short, but it's an upload.

Plus, I think I did a pretty good job.

You'll be happy to know I've know realized the perfect ending for the story- though it is far from now- and it gives me inspiration to work on this story.

Please vote and comment! It also keeps me motivated! :-)

So, please enjoy. :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Chapter 5-

-Levi-

                By the time Griffin and I got home, it was late. Griffin’s car had been towed, so he and I had to catch a ride with the man driving the tow truck. Even though the ride was very awkward, Griffin and I managed. We were exhausted and drained, but of course Amber had to rile up the crowd when we got home.

                “We have you been!” She screamed- not even giving us the pleasure of walking through the door- as she burst out of the house, leaving Griffin’s friends sitting awkwardly on the front porch.

                Griffin sighed and tried to explain himself, “Well my car got run off the road and I didn’t have my cell phone to call-“

                “Well obviously not considering I called you God knows how many times!” Amber snarled, her teeth barred like a rabid animal.

                “Honey….” Griffin began, trying to sweet talk her, leaving me chuckling.

                Amber snapped her head to my direction, her eyes narrowed into a chilling glare. “What are you laughing about, fag?! Was this all your plan so you can steal my boyfriend! Isn’t that what you gays do, steal other girls’ boyfriends?!”

                I, with my natural hot-temper, clenched my fists at my sides and restrained myself from unleashing the anger I had built up this past few months on her. “It’s nice to know you’re showing your true colors, Amber.”

                She jerked forward to tear me apart with her claws, but Griffin held her back.

                Amber finally shook Griffin off her and spun around to tell him off, but he beat her too it. “You’ve gone too far Amber.” He snarled.

                This realization brought her down a few notches, and her expression was stuck between embarrassed and sorry. She kept her back to me, knowing she had done me wrong. But she was too prideful to apologize.

                Soon obviously Irene stepped out of the house, smiling softly. “Levi…. There’s some boxes for you in the kitchen.”

                I groaned and ran a hand through my hair. “In all due respected, Irene-“ I began, but she cut me off.

                “I really think you should look at the Levi.” Her words getting caught in her throat, as her tone of voice revealed her deep sadness. “It may be the last of it…”

                I nodded slowly, and made my in the house- now knowing the only thing that could be in the packages are more belongings of my sister and mother. Irene led me into the kitchen where she subtly gestured to the boxes on the floor. I cautiously bent down and opened the first box. What I came to see silence me for a few moments as I stared at it, but when I finally found the words I had been looking for I said, “Can I have a few minutes alone?”

                Without looking up at her, Irene left and the door clicked behind her.

                Then I let out a soft gasp as my hand quickly covered my mouth and for the first time in a long time- I broke down. My muffled formerly muffled whimpers went free and became full-fledged sobs. I gently reached down and picked up on of the two items in the box- my sister’s favorite teddy bear from childhood. I clung to it desperately for comfort, burying my face in its soft, welcoming fur. I brought my legs up to my chest as I cried, wanting to be held like I was once again a child. A child who needed happy endings, happily ever afters….

                And once again the door opened and I abruptly stopped crying, wanting no one to see me vulnerable or weak. “Irene, I asked for peace.” I snapped venomously.

                “It’s me.” Said a familiar voice, which belonged to none other than Griffin Blackburn.

                I replied with silence, my nails digging deeper into the bear’s fur.

                Griffin bent down and sat down beside me. “Who’s wedding dress is this?”

                “My mother’s.” I replied softly.

                “What happened to her?”

                I once again said nothing, and he moved to face me. He gently reached out and cradled my chin in his palm, while gently caressing my cheek with his thumb to wipe away tears.

                “Tell me.” He said softly, sending chills up my spine.

                “I can’t.” I said hoarsely, tears choking me.

                “Then tell me anything. I want to know you.”

                “Has anything happened to you that was terrible, but for the best?” I asked, trying to change the subject.  I didn’t want to tell him anything about me- because I don’t want to lose him. Every person I care for that I let in, always leaves. My father, my mother, my sister… The list might never end.

                Griffin chuckled, smiling softly. “Maybe.” He says gently.

                I looked into his eyes, his smile seeming to be contagious as my own began to take shape on my face.

                If he knew I would never tell him anything or that he has nothing left to say, I’ll never know. Because all he said next was, “Get to bed, we have school in the morning.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loved it?

Hated it?

Tell me! :-)

(Remember to vote and comment.)