Chapter 1 - The Nightmare Begins

The room she was in when she woke up was dark, and cold.

'What the hell happened?'

She thought as she breathed in the air, it was stale and smelling of an old building, with a mixture of the cleanliness of a hospital. A quite strange combination to be honest..

The female slowly sat up, her bare hands felt the smooth, cold floor below her for a moment. The next thing she noticed, was that her clothes were different, the material was much like a nurse's scrubs material.

'Am I in a nurse's uniform?'

She remembered being in blue jeans and a tank top, as well as having her shoes on when she entered, it honestly confused her as to why she had a clothing change.. And as to how.

She still couldn't see a thing, but stood up and slowly felt along the wall nearby for a light switch. After a moment of fumbling around, her hand had hit a switch and she flipped it on, an old lightbulb that hung in the center of the room flickered back to life. The poor thing seemed like it would die out at any moment.

The room that was now bathed in a dim yellow light was... A mess to say the least, an array of items on the floor, a few hospital beds and IV stands crowded in a random arrangement sat in the room, the sheets on the beds appeared to be bloody and it looked like something was under a couple of them...

Samantha quietly padded along the floor, looking out for any sharp objects on the ground to avoid injury. Something felt very wrong in this place, she could feel it..

She watched as she passed closely by one of the beds, something was under the sheets that seemed to be stained with blood, and it began to move.

'Oh my god, what is that!?'

The female thought in panic as she began to make her way to the door, trying not to draw any attention to herself.

Sam took a silent, deep breath as she walked past the bed. She kept her gaze in front of her as she got closer to the door, then suddenly...

Crash!

She had knocked over a small medical table, and the tools that were on it clattered loudly to the floor. She quickly scurried to the door, and frantically tried to open it. Meanwhile, whatever was under the sheets that was moving before, rose suddenly. It was a man.

He was bloodied, but didn't seem to be harmed himself, like he had done something to someone else.. She wasn't about to ask him about it.

The female whimpered in fear and continued her attempt at the door, but it was jammed. She desperately rammed her hip, shoulder and body into the door in an attempt to get it to budge as she glanced behind herself at the man who gave a sinisterly insane smile as he watched her. He to enjoy watching her struggle, as if he was toying with her.

Sam finally got the door open after much pain and force, and ran down the hallway as quickly as her feet and legs would carry her. She didn't even think about looking back to see if that maniac had followed her. She was too afraid to find out that much.

Her breath came out in harsh, quick pants as she continued to run. She took a quick look around to see if there was a place to hide, or for away out. She soon noticed one of the rooms were vacant, and quickly went in once assured the coast was clear and that no one saw her entering. She made sure the door was shut tightly behind her.

'Thank God.'

Samantha thought in relief before she moved one of the beds, and a chair in front of the door as a barricade. She panted as she sat against one of the walls.

She couldn't help but break down into tears at this point. She was terrified, she had no idea what had just happened. Now she was trapped with an insane, psychotic killer, nothing about this was okay in her mind.

She ran her hands through her long brunette hair, sighing shakily as she tried to calm down. This had to be the worst situation anyone could've been in, but she didn't have much choice but to endure it.

It took about twenty minutes before her mind was able to process all of this... She took a deep breath and wiped her face, sniffling softly. As she stood up, she jumped at a banging sound on the door. Her ebony eyes darted around quickly as the banging continued, then an insane laugh came from behind the door. A low, raspy voice of a male followed soon after.

"Hehehe! Open the door, Sam! I only want to play a little! Ahahahaha!"

She was horrified, that maniac knew who she was.

With wide eyes, she quickly began rummaging through the room to find a weapon of some kind. Her heart pounded in her chest, her breath heavy, and her hands shook. After a moment, she finally found a syringe and a scalpel, they were better than nothing.

She turned to see the door being shoved open, the bed and chair shifting with a loud screeching sound from the metal scraping against the tile floor.

She cringed at the sound, keeping her stare on the cracked door, and the man peeking in with his crazed brown eyes gazing over her. It felt as if they were piercing straight through her. She put on a brave face and held the syringe in one hand, and the scalpel in the other, ready to defend herself when he got the door open. Obviously, that didn't take long for him at all. He had forced the door wide open in a matter of seconds, giggling insanely as he stumbled towards the female.

The man was tall, maybe about six-foot, he had a very slender build, and his skin was pale. He had short brown hair that was curly and fell into his eyes a bit. It was currently a mess, his white clothes were stained with blood.

This mad man looked familiar... She couldn't put a name to the face, but she recognized him...