46 - Kung Ako'y Mag-aasawa

Start from the beginning

He looks down when he heard 'husband' from her lips. Okay, ikaw na nagsabing husband. Bakit ka nangingiti Ricardo? Bakit okay lang ako sa 'husband' title. And why do I like the name Ricardo when it's coming from her?

Pero teka, teka, are you worried about me or your suitors?  "But of course! We need to investigate this. As you said there's still a big chance that the marriage is null and void to begin with. My best friend is a lawyer. We can start by checking the existence of a valid marriage license."

Can't wait to get out of this mess, aren't you?  "Talaga? Good! I can ask Tita Terrie kung saan naka-base yung contact niya for the wedding. Can you ask your lawyer friend to be discrete while doing the investigation to sort out this mess? We don't want this to be public knowledge. Kailangang maayos 'to agad. Ikaw din, ikaw ang mas public figure sa atin."

Come on Maine! Ako talaga inaalala mo? "Sure! Pero alam mo, ikaw ang dehado dito dahil ikaw ang babae. Believe me, I agree with you that we need to get out of this unscathed."

They paused as the waiter served their food.

Worried about your American girlfriend? "You know Richard, I'm glad that we're talking about this like two civilized people. The way it should be."

Civilized pala ha? At dahil diyan, pareho tayong magdusa. Akala mo ako lang ang apektado? Damay-damay 'to.

Richard cleared his throat. "But Maine, until we sort this out, don't you think we need to establish some sort of house rules? Just for precautionary measures."

Teka Ricardo, anong house rules? Wala tayong bahay! Inhale, exhale. Kalma, Maine, kalma. Civilized people.

"House rules, like?"

He pretended in giving 100% of his attention in arranging the table napkin on his lap as he speak. "Like no dinner dates with suitors who are pretending to be your clients?"

A/N: At yun talaga ang house rule no. 1 mo Tisoy? Okay, payn!

"Suitors? Naku tama ka diyan. Ang haba ng pila, sobra!"

He picked up his glass of wine and took a sip. "I'm not joking."

"Ako pa talaga sinabihan mo? Na isang milya pa lang nakakaamoy na kung may gustong manligaw sa 'kin? Sorry sila, career girl muna 'to. I have a business to run. Sila pa ba uunahin ko?"

E di meron nga! "Then what was that dinner with Kevin all about?" Akala ko ba kalmado ka Ricardo?

She was surprised at the tone of his voice. "Si Kevin? Yung kausap ko sa phone? Hahaha, narinig mo yon? You should see how devoted he is to his wife Kate when I had dinner with them. That he even needs her approval for the design of his office. Ikaw ang kailangang bigyan ng house rules." She started attacking her salad with her fork and knife. Why did she order an american salad dressing? Wrong mistake. Very blonde, este bland. Ano ba Maine?

A/N: At hindi naman nakahalata itong isa na may pangbabakod na nagaganap. May sariling hugot?

Okay, exhale. Hindi manliligaw. "Ako? What about me?" Richard observed as Maine meticulously attacks and shreds the romaine lettuce and other leaves on her plate. As if they're the enemies.

Bakit akala mo ikaw lang? House rules pala ha? House rules mo mukha mo! At gusto mo talagang i-spell out ko? Fine! Smile Maine and speak as if you're just making statement about the weather.

"Mas mahirap ang situation mo. Imagine having a girlfriend but you can only go out in secret now? Papayag ba siya? Lalo na at foreigner siya? Will she understand?" She is very precise with her knife in cutting the leaves.