5.0

"What did I say about beauty sleep?" Alice scolded Bella early the next morning.

Bella had woken up in the middle of the night to a nightmare. She had jerked so suddenly awake that it woke Kate two and the two girls watched the sunrise in the morning together with cups of coffee in their hands.

"Sorry," Bella apologized, "Bad dream. It was wedding jitters."

Kate snickered to herself in the corner with a cup of coffee in her lap. Alice looked over to her and scowled.

"You're no better," Alice told her.

Before Kate could retort and start up another fight, Rosalie came into the room and made a beeline for Kate pulling her up out of the chair by the arm.

"Come on, you're my project for today," she told the siren.

Kate obediently followed Rosalie to another bathroom and sat down in a high chair in front of another mirror. This bathroom was covered in more makeup and hair products than Kate had ever seen in her life. She felt like she could go shopping in Rosalie's collection and never need anything else. Kate also didn't want to think about how much all of this was costing. She doubted she would ever have enough money to afford all of this.

"So did you volunteer or were you voluntold?" Kate asked her looking at the makeup on the counter.

Rosalie chuckled, "Volunteered. What? Don't think I want you looking ugly now do you?"

Kate picked up a container of primer chuckling, "Never. What are you planning on doing to me?"

Rosalie spun her around in the chair and took the bottle from her hand and sprayed her face, "Please, I'm not torturing you. Plus I had to get you out of there before you and Alice started bickering again."

"It's not my fault..."

Rosalie tapped her on the nose, "Enough, just for one day." Kate huffed in her chair. "Honestly, quit acting like a child."

"Who's the one who still doesn't like, Bella?"

Rosalie chuckled, "Touché"

"So we're the sisters who don't like the other sister," Kate mused.

"I suppose so. Should make for some wonderful Christmas dinners."

Kate laughed out loud while Rosalie smiled brushing makeup all over her face. The face took no time at all but her hair was a different story. After what seemed like two hours of curling, twisting and pulling Rosalie finally told Kate that she was done. When Rosalie spun the chair around to face the mirror, Kate had to gasp when she saw her reflection. She looked simple and natural, like herself but the enhanced version. This is what she pictured herself looking like if she was a vampire. Rosalie had turned her into a masterpiece.

She was so overcome with happiness at her appearance that she leapt out of the chair and hugged Rosalie. The girl was stunned for a moment and didn't move but after a few seconds gently hugged back. When Kate pulled away there was a wide smile on her face and an amused one on Rosalie's.

Kate began to make her way back to the room where Bella was before Rosalie stopped her.

"Thank you, for giving me a chance to have a friend again. Especially since it's my fault that you became a siren."

Kate frowned, "This has been eating you up for over a year, hasn't it?"

Rosalie said nothing confirming what Kate had said.

"Don't worry about it. The way I figure it, I would've changed eventually. This way I could protect the people I love. Besides, I need someone who hates as many people as I do."