Chapter 47

Feather After // Chapter 47 // Chocolate And Zips

Aria's POV

"I can't. Can't you see I'm wearing a dress?" I moved my bottom side to side to emphasize that I was wearing a gown, and I no way could climb on the motorcycle. He looked at me and raised his eyebrow.

"There is zip," he grabbed my left shoulder blade.

"There is no zip, except the back one. And I'm no way going to remove this goddamn dress; that too in a cold night for a horny man like you, who wrote poetry about sex on a bill slip!"

He smirked, "There is a zip on the side of the dress, two zips on the side and one on the back. This design is why your mom is so famous in the fashion industry, the zip on the left," he pulled me toward him, and from one side he bent down. I heard a zipper being open and then I looked at him. The dress was open from one side till my knees. I could easily climb on the motorcycle now.

I can do it, I told myself. I walked to the other side of the motorcycle and looked at Ignatius, he nodded as he held on to the throttle and he tilted the bike in my direction. I don't know how I managed to get my ass on that thing.

"Are you ready?" He pushed his helmet to me and continued to speak, "wear this; I don't want something to happen to your expensive ass. Your mother will sue me."

I put that helmet on and then pulled it off. He killed the engine that he had started while I was putting it on. "What the hell happened, princess?"

"This smells."

"Obviously it does. Put it on before I wear the helmet and crash the bike somewhere," he started the engine again.

"You won't, plus you're the one who guts those expensive flowers," I poked his left shoulder.

He looked at me through the rare view mirror and glared at me. Well, I was flattered. "Just leave it alone, okay?"

"Okay."

I didn't want to pull his strings anymore. What if he did crash the god damn bike? I was going to die. I tried not to inhale in the helmet but it was not possible. It smelled of sweat and it reeked of alcohol and cigarettes, fresh cigarettes. I tried not to smell it and looked around. Everything seemed to be sprinting back. Everything seemed to be alive and nice. It was beautiful. I could feel the air on my legs and it tingled. I felt weird around Ignatius.

He was everything that I wasn't. I had never sat on a bike before. I couldn't wait to see Nanna's expression when she'll see me getting off this metal thing. She would definitely give me a very hard time. I kept my hands to my self. I didn't want to touch him. It set fire on my body and I wasn't ready for it.

We sped through the traffic. We bunked red lights and when I looked into the rare view mirror, I saw Ignatius's hair flowing back in the wind. He was not wearing his lip ring anymore. His eyes were crunched in the wind. Suddenly his eye fell in me and I looked in the opposite direction. He pulled his bike on the side of the road and the engine slowly stopped. He pulled the bike and out his foot on the pavement of the road.

"Climb down princess," he said and smirked, "we're here."

I put both my hands of his shoulder and shifted my weight to the left side of the bike. I put my left foot on the floor and then bought the foot down as well. I removed the helmet and took a deep breath. I would have died if I would have kept wearing that thing around my head.

He got down and then pulled the keys out. "Move fast, come on follow me!" He walked forward and I tried to match my pace with his. It was downtown Seattle, that part of Seattle that Nanna had warned me about. I was here for the first time. He turned to look at me and then he put his hand in his pocket. He stopped in front of a shop and when I looked up, what I saw beautiful. There was a huge board which read, Vers' Bakery. It was written in italics in pink lettering. 'Where dreams come true,' it was written below it.