Meeting Aro

There was a knock at the door.

"Come in Chelsea," Jane said.

"Aro wants to meet with Bella," Chelsea said.

A wave of panic was sent through me.

Alec put a hand on my leg. "It will be fine, I'm sure he will like you."

"What if he doesn't?" I asked.

"He will kill you," Chelsea said it like I was the stupidest person in the world.

Alec growled.

I wondered if Alec loved me back. I sighed.

"He won't hurt you," Alec whispered.

"Sure," Chelsea bitched an then she walked out of the room.

"Come on we will take you down there," Jane said standing up. My eyes were too slow to follow her.

I grabbed Alec's hand when a few of the vampires growled at me.

"Don't worry, I won't let them hurt you," Alec whispered in my ear.

Jane and Alec walked me to the throne room.

Jane knocked on these massive, beautiful doors. They had to be at least 100 years old.

Five seconds later she walked in. Alec and I followed.

"Hello dear Jane, Alec, and Bella," someone said. I'm assuming it was Aro.

"Hello Master," Jane said giving Aro her hand.

This person with brown hair, he sat in the throne on the left, smiled at Alec an me.

Aro walked over to Alec and I "Ahh, my name is Aro, I do not know if the 'Cullens' told you about us, but we are the rulers and kings of the vampire world. These are my brothers Caius and Marcus," Aro explained.

I still haven't let go of Alec's hand.

"Brother?" Caius snapped.

Aro turned around. I was tempted to run away, but I felt safe with Alec by me. H wouldn't let them hurt me. Right?

"Yes," Aro replied.

"This is breaking the rules. Why do you want a human girl?! She is just useless!!! you should have just executed Edward when you ha a chance!!" Caius yelled. He got angrier and angrier every word he said.

"Yes I know, he was just too powerful to destroy, and Bella she may join us. She will chose," Aro said, then he turned around. "But beware if you refuse we will kill you,"

I gulped.

"I'm sorry, but it's too big of a risk to let a human stay alive and know about a vampire," Aro responded to my reaction.

"B-but, c-couldn't y-y-ou just c-change m-me?" I asked terrified.

"It doesn't work that way stupid child," Caius hissed.

Alec growled.

Jane looked over at Alec and gave him the 'are you crazy' look.

"Alec!!" Aro exclaimed.

"He was just being defensive," Marcus explained, supporting Alec.

"Marcus explain?" Aro asked.

Alec got in front of me protectively like someone was going to attack me.

"Bella is Alec's mate," Marcus announced smiling.