TEN|STUBBORN

She was too damn stubborn

Three days.

Three whole days of refusing to eat.

Three whole days of trying to attack anyone who came near enough.

Three whole days of being chained to a pole in the ground.

Three whole days of wearing a collar made of silver.

-And yet, the stubborn girl refused to submit.
She refused to as much as wince.

I had underestimated her sheer will power.
I will admit to that, and that alone.

But her strength will slowly wilt and die, along with her delusion of power.

-Until she submits.

She will submit.

My strength will prevail.

It always does.
My mate will be no exception.
To show weakness to her, would be to show weakness to the entire pack, then a rebellion would soon follow.
There would be fighting in the street, open threats to my title.

Many of my pack members would have to die, just because of one girl.

No.

She would submit.

I would not crack.
I would not let my facade that I spent my life creating crumble to the floor because of one mere girl.

I was not born into Alpha blood, I had to fight for my title, and fight I did. I would not give up everything for her.

I would not submit.

Not to anyone.
Not even her.

I stared out my open office window, I could smell her scent from where I sat.
It was almost like rose mixed with something almost akin to fire. Something deep and smokey.

I watched as her slate grey wolf paced, pulling the silver chain taught.

The grass was beginning to wear, showing way to the earth beneath.

Hours passed.
Then the days soon followed.
-She still paced the same worn circle.
She just didn't quit.

-But her resolve would slowly crumble, until it was nothing but a cloud of kicked ash.

One day I watched as the pack doors below flew open to reveal a smirking red head, a bowl of food in her hand. She made her way toward the post, the grey wolf growling and bearing its teeth at the approaching girl.

The red heads lips moved and her smirk widened, signalling her communication with my mate, but I could not make out but a few incoherent mumbles of her hushed words.

The next thing I saw was the red headed girl throwing the bow of food to the floor when the wolf lunged forward, jaws open and just waiting to clamp down upon the girl's flesh.

But the wolf was yanked back by the chain that dug deeper into her neck, as she flailed against the taught silver rope, in a bid to attack the girl.

The wolf hissed and spat at the retreating red head as she bolted strait back into the safety of the pack house.

A small smirk spread onto my face.

-She knew how to stand up for her self.

Such a pity I could never have her.

-And judging by the fowled food bowl that now lay scattered miserably across the grass, she would also go hungry for yet another day.

The thought of that sent a deep ache to my chest, but I tried my best to ignore it.
It shouldn't get to me.

I shouldn't care.

I don't care.

Maybe if I repeated the lie enough times, I might even start to believe it myself.

***
Anyways...
Don't forget to vote and comment!
-🍟