Chapter 20

*Destery's P.O.V*

My palms were sweating, and the ring was burning a hole in my pocket. It really was beautiful. I'm surprised her mom gave it to me. Now most people would say I'm stupid for proposing so soon, but I can't wait. I want to, but I also want her to know how serious I am about her. And I did tell her is marry her someday. Truth be told I was gonna wait till we got back to Florida to ask her, but earlier today seeing her with all her friends it seemed like a good a time as any.

I was talking to Nathan about it earlier and I guess her mom over heard, because she pulled me over to their safe and pulled out the ring. She said she doesn't wear it anymore because she almost lost it while out to dinner, but luckily Kaitlin found it.

She told me it was her moms, and she was gonna give all her rings to Kaitlin anyway. But she decided it would make a beautiful engagement ring.

I looked over at Kaitlin sitting in the passenger seat, smiling an talking, and giggling. I love her a lot, I just hope she loves me enough to say yes.

I honestly didn't know where anything was around here so I let her pick the resteraunt, she picked some place called Fuji, said it was one of those places that coined the food infront of you.

She gave me directions and we got there in about 20 minutes. Once inside I noticed the doors had a waterfall type effect that looked cool. The waitress brought us to our table, which already had a family sitting there.

"Oh shit." mumbled kaitlin.

"What?" I asked concerned.

"That's zach and his family." She replied.

"You sure?" I asked.

"Positive." she said.

"Well, don't worry about it. I'm sure he'll behave." I reassured her.

"Not likely, but ok." she said, as we sat down across from them.

The chef came out and lit the grill on fire doing his thing, it was loud and hot. But cool. I kept creeping up Kaitlin's leg making her giggle.

"Stop, you're so horrible." she whined fakley.

"But you love it though!" I reminded.

"That I do!" she caved.

I gave her a peck on the lips and turned back to the grill. Noticing Zach stare us down. It only made me more excited to do what I planned to do.

After everyone was served i waited a bit to pick a time to do it.

"Hey babe, you know I love you right?" I asked.

"Of course!" she said.

"You know is do anything for you, and go to the ends of the earth to make you happy." I said.

"Aww babe, you're so sweet!" she cooed.

"And you know hat I love about you?" I asked.

"Haha! What?" she giggled.

"I love that you love all my favorite anime, and your willing to play any video game even though you aren't the best. I love your smile in the mornings, I love your bed head, and your lazy days. I love you even when you're grouchy. And you may not think you're beautiful but I do. Which is why..." I got down on my knee and pulled out the box.

She cupped her hands over her face and whimpered happily.

"Kaitlin Nicole Ritter, Will you marry me?" I finished.

She shakily uncupped her face, looked at me and the ring, and violently shook her head yes. Holding out her hand I slipped on the ring, perfect fit, lucky.

I stood up and wrapped her in a hug. A waitress started clapping,and soon alit more joined in. I looked around and noticed that everyone but zach was clapping, oh well.

----------------------------------------------

* Kaitlin's P.O.V*

" I can't believe they comped our meal ad gave us free cake! Best place ever!" I said.

I could stop looking at my hand. My moms ruby ring that she had wanted ever since my nana bought it. She just gave it to me.

Well Destery.

I thought the night was gonna suck once I saw zach sitting there, but once Destery proposed, I couldn't help but smile, and want to cry!

It's been almost a year since we started going out, so it does seem a little soon, but at the same time, it feels right.

I was practically bouncing out of my seat on the way home. Once we pulled up I jumped out of the car and started running to the house.

"Hello! Wait up babe!" Destery shouted.

I slowed up and let him catch up. We intertwined fingers and walked up to te house.

"Guys we're back. And have news." I shouted.

I heard people rush down the steps.

Hannah, then Nathan, and finally my parents all came down the steps.

"What's up?" Hannah asked.

"Wellll..." I began

"You're pregnant!" Hannah shouted.

"What?! No!" I rushed.

"Destery proposed!" I shouted, flashing my ring.

"Oh shut up!" Hannah protested, grabbing my hand to get a closer look.

We all laughed, and everyone congratulated us. I put the cake in the fridge, and went to go get comfortable.

----------------------------------------------

"Daddy! Can Destery and Nate play video games in my room?" I asked, peeking into their room.

"Yeah sure, but can you come here for a sec?" Dad asked.

I shuffled further into the room, and sat on the bed.

"I can't believe my baby girl is getting married." he mumbled.

"Haha! Believe me, I can't either." I admitted.

"Oh sweetie I always knew someone was out there for you. You just had to find him. Now go find your mom, I think she wants to talk to you too." he shooed me out.

I went downstairs to find mom sitting on the couch.

"Hey mom, dad said you wanted to talk?" I sat on the couch.

"Yeah, I just wanted to see you. Gah, I can't belive how grown up you are now. And that ring really does suit you. It's gorgeous, I would know." she laughed.

" Thanks mom, it means a lot that you would give this to me." I said.

"Oh sweetie, it was always gonna be yours." she said.

"I love you mom." I told her.

"I love you to sweetie." she said.

We hugged and I headed back up stairs to my room to play some video games.

I plopped down next to Destery and fire up the video game.

"What's up babe?" Destery asked.

"Nada! What's up with you?" I asked.

"Oh yah know, just got engaged, the usual." he joked.

"Oh, totally." I played along.

----------------------------------------------

* There yah go guys! Hope yah like it, if not oh well.*