one.

This morning was no different from any other morning I've went through in past few years. Trying to find my way to my classroom, reluctantly counting my own steps (but I had to, it was one of my ways of getting by), most importantly trying not to fall or bump into anyone nearby. Situations like that could get really awkward.

I've heard people say, that when you lose one of your most important senses, your remaining ones get stronger and even more important for you. However, this wasn't my case. It was my biggest hassle, something I struggled with on daily basis. No one around me ever cared to help me when they walked past me and saw me looking lost. They all thought; she must be used to it, she lives like this after all. Boy were they wrong. It's not something I was born with and I most definitely wasn't used to it. None of my remaining senses weren't as good as I'd like them to be. Even after coming to this place everyday for two years now, I couldn't find my way around properly and I was always late to class.

It's not difficult to find a possible way to male things easier, but that would mean that my bus would have to stop on the same exact spot everyday, just so I know which way to turn, how many steps do I have to make or how much time do I have left. There wasn't a big difference in spots the bus stopped at, but for me, few meters maybe even centimetres meant a lot.

So here I was, lost again with no one around to ask for help. Well, they were probably there but every time someone walked past or stood nearby, they got quiet, trying not to make their presence obvious which wasn't that damn hard.

"Are you lost?" To my surprise, someone approached me out of nowhere which startled me a bit. I could tell it was a man but his voice was unfamiliar.
"Do I look lost?" My response came out rude, not really what I wanted.
"Just a little bit." He sounded nothing like my classmates and honestly, none of them would approach me in such an awkward way.

"Thank you but I'm not lost." I half lied, aware that I really am lost.
"Are you sure? I could help you."
"I'm not lost. I'm just blind."