Intro

I knew I was in trouble as soon as I stepped out of Mathieu's Wrangler, I stuck out like a sore thumb; the white metallic frame contrasted with my long blonde hair making it difficult to keep my breathing under control, so I quickly turned to my brother avoiding the gaze of one too many strangers. Mathieu didn't say anything only ushered me forward to the entrance of my new school, with a smile that reached his eyes.

Imagine having a sibling you hardly knew anything about and all of a sudden you're being forced to live with them for the rest of your life? My parents didn't want me anymore. I had grown up not knowing what a real Mother or Father was like, relying on my Mother's personal assistant Adele, to nurture me from infancy. I had my thoughts about why my parents never really acknowledged me but never came to a conclusion. I came home from school one afternoon to find nobody home and a note left on my bedroom cabinet saying that we're moving. I didn't realise till further down the page that I wasn't going with them. I was going to San Francisco to live with my brother, they were going to Moscow, Russia. 

Mathieu is thirty-six, twenty one years older than me, he is happily married and has a beautiful house on the ocean front. He towers over me at more than 6ft and has a physic of an athlete. Although a stranger, I was welcomed into his home and I was grateful for that.

Caroline, Mathieu's wife had took the liberty to decorate their spare room for me. She was an artist so I stood in awe when I first saw it; the back wall was picturesque, a huge canvas painting hung in the centre of the soft cream wall, it was a meadow and you could see the sunrise through the big oak tree that was painted to the right. The window was open and the brown opaque drapes were blowing around, next to it, a four post bed with beautiful bed linen. What really caught my attention was the grand piano at the other side of the room, the huge teddy leaning against it and the picture frame on top, a family photo that I didn't know existed; my Father stood tall at the back with Mathieu and my Mother was sat on a stool with me on her knee, everyone was laughing and before I knew what was happening, silent tears of betrayal slid down my cheeks, falling to the floor. Caroline soon noticed this, she comforted me the rest of the night and I eventually fell asleep hoping that I could start a new and be part of a family I thought never existed.