Chpt. 2- The Walk

The first day crept up upon Alex fast. It caught him by surprise when the day popped up on him. Alex was nervous not only because he'd be starting at a new school, but also because he actually had the exact same schedule as Laurens.

Alex woke up at the buzz of his alarm clock just to start panicking, while also trying to get ready. 'What if no matter how hard I try he doesn't like me? What if he's straight? Oh no, no, no, no, no, no...NO' on and on these thoughts lingered in his mind.
After a fairly short breakfast, just as Alex was putting his hair into a little bun, Laf walked in.

"Hey, are you ready, mon ami?" He asked.

"Yeah, pretty much," Alex sighed. "Let's go, I guess." He grabbed his jacket and backpack. 'I hope I packed an extra will to live™ in here, the author- I mean I- already lost my first one.' Alex Thought to himself staring at his backpack.

They both said goodbye to the Washingtons, and started on their walk to school. Laf was texting Laurens and Mulligan the entire walk. Alex was not only listening to music through his headphone on Spootifie™, but also being a snoop and kept trying to see what they were saying. All he could see is someone freaking out in all caps. Laf would occasionally look over at Alex, and then continue to type. 'What's going on in that group chat?' Alex wondered. 'Who is freaking out about what?' Alex came to a thought it might've been about him. He trashed this thought, for he didn't want to seem selfish.

About halfway there they passed a group of three girls. They seemed popular.

"Who are they?" Alex asked Laf.
"Oh, those the the Schuyler B*tches™. Don't mess with them unless you're ready for drama. There's Angelica, the oldest. She kinda dictates the other two, mainly because she's a senior. Then there's Eliza, the middle child. She's like a 16 year old cinnamon roll. She's in our grade," he stopped to sigh. "Then you have Peggy. She's small, sassy, and often forgotten about. Somehow, her and Laurens are good friends though, so I have no real problem with her. She's the baby of the clique- a freshman."

Just as he finally finished The sisters saw them and started making their way over to them.

"Hi. You must be that new kid, Alexander, right?" The oldest one, Angelica asked Alex.

"Yeah, that's me."

"You're gayfayette, right? Laurens' friend?" Peggy asked.

"Haha. Peggy, don't act like you don't know me." Laf responded.

"Lol, I was only joking."

"Oh my god, Peggy, please stop using text abbreviations when speaking to a real human in front of you." Eliza looked like she was strongly annoyed.

"Well, we'll see you later. Bye guys." Angelica said as they all walked off.

The eventually neared the huge high school, overflowing with students. They did, after all, have to cram in 4 grades of students in a city only a couple blocks away from New York City.
"Laurens says he's by Mulligan next to the door," Laf said. He looked around for a couple of seconds. "Look there they are!"

Alex couldn't necessarily see, with floods of people coming and going in every direction.

As they drew closer though, Alex could see Laurens. There was another person next to him- presumably Mulligan. He saw Laf and yelled, drawing Laurens attention to the two. While Milligan was focused on trying to get to Laf, Laurens seemed as to he was running towards Alex.