113. His Strictness

Start from the beginning

Tristan was not in the mood. That morning the Nasa trip had happened and he didn't want anything more than getting that Blake kid. But his cousin was close enough.

As the exchange was going on, Vienna was watching. She gasped as Tristan grabbed the boy's neck and pinned him to the court's fence as he whistled and called up the boys around. She heard him say "Come guys. He doesn't know the password. Let's show him some hospitality and welcome him on his first day."

Vienna's heart sank. What was she thinking? Sending a junior over to Tristan. She hadn't noticed that the kid was new and obviously by the sound of it he was in trouble for not knowing the password. Seriously severe hazing happened to new comer juniors when they were somewhere they shouldn't have been unless they knew the daily passwords. It was an intimidation tactic to help them gain respect to their elders... But this was the last day of school. She didn't think that juniors were in danger that day. These past few weeks that the alpha male boys were away from school it had been quieter and there was less trouble for weaker kids. She had to help the kid. It was all her fault. She ran to the court. She had come to grasp that everyone else could be fair game to Tristan's wrath and vengeance regardless of if they were boys or girls, juniors or seniors. She always knew Tristan didn't have mercy but today she had experienced it in a painful way. She had witnessed what Tristan was capable of first hand even for the most minor offences she committed. She had endangered herself in Tristan's view and that was a major crime in his eyes but wasn't in her view. This was their first disagreement.

Vienna knew she needed to talk to him about what had happened to give him her perspective and reasons why she had gone against his advice and had taken part in a risky bike race. In the end she had opted to avoid him to think about what to say and how to go about it. But of course life around her boyfriend was not easy. She didn't have the luxury of time. She had avoided Tristan and had hidden herself from him at all costs that afternoon after the incident with the cyclists and Tristan had noticed that too. But some part of her told her that the longer she kept him waiting and the longer she ignored him the worse he was going to react to her ignorance and avoidance of him maybe at the cost of others getting hurt. She knew Tristan missed her but she had deprived him of seeing her.

Vienna approached the boys semi circle and heard Tristan taunting the boy " Do you know what we do to juniors who don't know the password? Didn't you read your induction pack?" She could feel the threat and promise in his voice. The rage. The anger. She had done all this. She had endangered herself today against his advice and had paid for it by watching others suffer but she had gone on to avoid him and had ran away when he had tried to approach her to talk to her earlier on.

The boy choked " I don't know anything about a password... I wasn't there at the beginning of induction."

Tristan let go of his neck and condemned the boy " Guys. He is all yours. Teach him not to forget his password."

The boy was crying now  " Please no..."

Just as the boys were about to grab him, Vienna cleared her throat " It's time for water break. Can you kindly take your water bottles so I can return the trolley?"

The boys turned instantly recognising their queens voice and saw Vienna standing behind them. They immediately looked at Tristan waiting for orders.

Tristan turned and raised an eyebrow. He walked past the boys towards Vienna. He stared into her eyes and watched her look at him defiantly. At that moment Vienna resembled her father a lot. The posture she had. Her hands on her back standing up straight looking into his eyes.