beth and daryl ➳ baby

kind of au

kind of au

daryl looked at beth in shock, eyes wide and uncertain about the words that she had just nervously uttered to him. he could not quite believe it and he was sure that he must have misheard her. he loved the girl with all of his heart and she loved him too, but that news was too much for both of them. 

"you sure? you sure you're pregnant?" 

he asked her, trying hard not to stutter. if she was pregnant, he knew that it was definitely his of course but nobody else knew the depths of their relationship, not his best friends, not her family. the pair having a child would change everything and it would make their lives a whole lot harder. 

she was scared that he would leave her and not only would she be left in the dust with a bad situation but her heart would be shattered and she wasn't sure that she could go on. it wasn't that she thought he would blame her, but she knew that he didn't deal with emotions very well and had an awful relationship with his own father. 

daryl had never felt fear like what he felt when he had heard the word pregnant. however, he knew it was fifty percent his fault too and he would never be able to leave her anyway, even if he wanted to, he didn't think that he could live without her. maybe after the news sank in and everybody became content with it, it wouldn't be so bad anyway. maybe. 

"yeah, but daryl-"

he cut her off with a shake of his head and her head began to beat faster, here it comes, she thought, her eyes already glossing over. instead, he put his hand on her shoulder and gulped visibly. 

"we'll deal with it, together."