Prologue: Memories That Killed My Dreams

"-y La-" a voice a girl called me as I fall to oblivion.

Everything was dark and blank. Then images that I couldn't understand flashes through my mind. Rectangular objects projecting images and many other things I have never seen or heard was used like it's an everyday thing. On those rectangular object shows disturbing scenes of breaking of engagement and worse the faces that was unfolding unto my eyes were familiar. The most familiar was mine who is older and my fiancé together with a platinum blonde haired woman.

"I Helton, Gregory crown prince of Ludus break my engagement with Sinh, Teresa of the Dukedom of Sinatra." My prince had announced to the crowd. He was standing in fornt of a crowd full of dignity that a member of a royal family should have. Gray eyes glaring at me as he spoke, voice dripping with disgust towards my form. "From now on we have no relation."

It shocked me very much that it seems that he hate me that much. In my memories he always smiles at me beautifully no matter how annoying I was. I wasn't able to ponder about it as another scene was being shown. The process happened a few times only exchanging the woman being abandoned and the man who is severing their relations. Those women are my dearest friends. Their sorrows I can't bear to see that I tried to hug their form, but when I tried my form just passed through them. It wasn't shown to me of how we were being pushed to such situation, but I felt it was because of that blond woman that appeared in each scene in the arms of mine and my friends' beloved. Even my brother whom I greatly loved had broken my dearest person that I have thought to be my sister ever since they had been engaged. Then a voice rang saying words that are very alarming for anyone who is living in our society. From it I came to learn why we were pushed aside.

This is ridiculous! Such thing will never happen. The political stances wouldn't allow such thing as it will affect the whole country. Illegal crimes conducted by our families? What a joke! Aren't they the one doing those things and our families are trying to catch them?! Bullying a woman of low rank due to jealousy? I could just break the whole engagement infornt of the monarch with the evidence of them committing adultery in broad daylights. Such swallow reason we are abandoned who endured a lot for them. I strongly repeated and repeated in my heart. Telling myself that I and my closest people are not going to have that fate. They just didn't know how much we suffer from those daily lessons so that they will not be an embarrassment to the society for having a low class woman. Are we just that disposable for those men?! Then what right they have to call their selves as a man!

At first I was angry towards the woman, but seeing my prince's face made me have mix feelings. His eyes were smiling and he truly enjoying himself, different expressions that have never been graced to me was caused by that woman. I wanted to see it always in that face of his, but in exchange I need to wallow myself in grief and also cause my family to suffer. I can't bear to do such thing.

I didn't know how long I was trapped to that place and more or less I had begun to accept it as a reality that will happen in the future. Resigning to it and throwing everything else for people who truly cared for me, I decided to sacrifice myself. Not for that fool of a man, but for those who had no faults and truly cares.

At last I had opened my eyes for what seems like an eternity. My mother's face was the first one that I have seen after a long time. Her brown hair a bit haggard than it usually was and eyes red like she was crying or not sleeping for a long time. She, whom I idolized and had, took so much after looks like this because of me. I wanted to ease her worries. That I am alright. That she doesn't need to worry anymore.

"Mother everything will be alright now." I said as I smiled with convention to my worried mother.

Edited:5/5/17