XI. Way Down We Go

╔═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════╗way down we go !╚═════ ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ ══════╝

way down we go !
╚═════ ∘◦ ❈ ◦∘ ══════╝

" P-put the gun down, sir," stuttered Slivko, as he aimed his gun towards Packard.

Packard's men - who had their guns aimed at Mason, Wendy and James , were now pointing them at their leader.

Everyone was against Packard- even Hank has his katana ready in front of him.

" We don't belong here," Mason whispered, but it was loud enough for the rest to hear.

Behind her laid Kong, injured from the flames that had licked his skin- Packard and his men had doused the river with oil - and they created a ring of fire that made Kong collapse in pain.

Wendy stood next to her, " You can't win Packard, give us the detonator."

If he press that button , an explosion would blow out - one that not even Kong can survive from.

" Put the detonator down Packard," James urged once more, but he only gripped it tighter.

Before he could say anything else - something erupted from the waters. The ground trembled , sending tremors around. Then a screech was heard, and when the water cleared they could see that it was a Skull Crawler - the size of a mountain and slightly bigger than Kong himself.

Kong was awake once more, and he instantly got up to his feet - after giving Wendy the satisfaction of watching Packard crushed under his fist.

" I shouldn't be this happy with his death," she thought, but it was dismissed when the reptilian beast started going after them.

" So glad that man's dead," Mason muttered next to her as they both ran into the jungle foliage. Mason stopped, and she did the last thing Wendy expected her to do- take pictures.

" You've got to be kidding me! Mason we're about to die!"Wendy exclaimed.

She tugged at Mason but she didn't budge, until James appeared," Why are you two still here !"

He grabbed Mason by the waist with one hand and held Wendy's hand with another- they sprinted just in time to escape the damage of the fight.

" Hey ! Watch your hands James, I have a boyfriend," She joked - and Wendy wondered how she still managed to joke at a time like this.

" I bet your boyfriend would be pleased to know that I did it to save your life," James retorted , and he put her down once they reached the riverbank.

They told San and Houston that if they didn't arrive by sunrise - they should continue on without them.

" We need to move !" James ordered , and he led the group across the shallow area of the river.

" James look out !" Wendy tugged James aside when the Skull Crawler stumbled across the river , if she hadn't pull him away he would've been crushed.

It was a terrifying sight - the two of them brawling with one another , baring teeth and fangs. So when Wendy saw Hank's barely functioning boat making its way towards them- she couldn't be happier.

" Over here!" She waved a signal towards Houston, everyone was on board except for her and James.

" Where's Mason?" Wendy panicked, eyes frantically searching for the blonde.

" There," James pointed at her, standing by the cliff. She was terribly close to the fight , and the Skull crawler was only inches away from her - if it wasn't for Kong punching it across the river , Mason would've been eaten.

Yet the impact flung Mason off the rocky surface, and she went plummeting down into the water.

Wendy yelled her name, and she ignored James - running towards her friend. Wendy wasn't that experienced in swimming, yet she was a doctor , and she knew that anyone who fell that high would most likely black out at impact.

She didn't give any second thoughts , before diving into the murky water. She opened her eyes, and she saw Mason- unmoving as she sinks deeper. Wendy hauled her body through the currents,
yet no matter how far she reached, Mason was too far away.

She could feel her lungs burn- her muscles ached under the pressure as she swam further. At last, with one last paddle she managed to weakly wrap her fingers around Mason's wrist.

Her vision blurred, and she gripped Mason tighter before darkness consumed her - the last thing she saw was a giant hand reaching out for both of them.

----------

A/N : Thank you guys again for the support , we've reached 2K reads , and I'm very glad to know that most of you guys are enjoying the story !

Don't forget - comments and reviews are always welcome !

My message box is open if any of you guys wanna fangirl about Tom with me HAHAHAH or if you want to get to know me  ♡

Thank you once again ! :)