want 25 kickass, small tips to make your story STRONG and AMAZING??
don't you want your readers to feel like this when they read the first chapter?
and then feel like this when they finish it?
well then youve come to the right chapter.
by the way i did NOT make this list, i found it on tumblr from the blog @the-writers-society
1. hook readers with a strong first chapter that doesn't waste time
2. create a sympathetic and/or entertaining character
3. give the character a strong goal
4. obstruct the character's goal with equally strong opposition
5. create a theme that arises from the character's inner conflict
6. craft a strong plot with proper structure
7. do your research and get your facts straight
8. expunge unnecessary scenes, settings and characters
9. balance action and character with properly structured scene/sequel pairings
10. write realistic, entertaining dialogue
11. maintain a consistent POV
12. create original and entertaining voices for narrating characters
13. tighten descriptions with more strong verbs and nouns and fewer modifiers
14. show more than you tell
15. dig deep for original ideas and turns of phrase
16. properly foreshadow your climax without giving away any big reveals/details
17. build realistic and engaging settings
18. add only meaningful subplots
19. when you build tension, always fulfill it
20. create a dynamic arc of growth for your character
21. add interesting minor characters who can power the plot forward
22. choose the right tone to enhance your plot and theme
23. rock readers with a climax that fulfills their desires for the story
24. don't tie off all loose ends in your story's ending
25. proofread, proofread, proofread.
lemme know what you guys think is the most important thing about writing a story!
YOU ARE READING
WILD THINGS ► WRITING TIPSRandom
❝find me where the wild things are❞ in which i attempt to share prompts, quotes and helpful tips on making your story more descriptive and nicer to read [#195 in random] follow my writing tips tumblr @celestials-writing-tips