Chapter Nine

-------------------------

Dedication: MisAbigailxx and her friend Sophie for the amazing banner on the side. Thank you so much for it - it is amazing. <3

:)

---------------------------

I hadn't spoken to Jason much, but we had been texting. Yeah, texting! Woooo. I couldn't help smile every time I heard the buzz and saw his name on my screen. He texted me every morning.

It was a very pleasant thing to wake up to. We sat together sometimes in class, but not all the time. I didn't sit with him at lunch or anything and that was okay with me. I liked my small group of quietness.  

School had been going well, I'd had a Maths test that I forgot to study for. Probably a fail for me. I was pretty hopeless at Maths. (Well, I was decent). English was my definite fortay. Maths and I just... didn't have a good understanding of each other.

I arrived home to see packed bags and a loaded, rented car. I cocked on eyebrow staring at it. I then nodded in realisation. I forgot Dad was leaving today. Him and Luke were going for a four-five day trip to my Aunt's beach house. They were doing some fishing thing. (They did it every year, it was like a father/son bonding trip. Yeah, awesome for me, I get excluded and hang at home. Nah, it's not really like that, I'm not into it anyway).

"You sure you'll be okay by yourself?" Dad asked, yet again, sparing me a worried glance.

I rolled my eyes and giggled. "Stop being such a worry wort. It's not the first time you've left me here to go on your little fishing adventure." 

He sighed deeply, looking troubled. He shifted his weight from foot to foot. "I just want to make sure you're okay with it." 

"Of course I am. I'll probably end up crashing at Mel's place anyway. Don't worry about me." 

"Alright well I left you some money in the freezer and I've let Mel's family know, just so they're aware you're here by yourself. I got you a few days worth of stuff to cook. Well, if you can, we all know your skills. No chucking parties." 

"Yes, yes I know. Excuse me, I can cook okay! And who would come? Mel?" I laughed, pushing him out the door. I picked up some bags and threw them in back, closing the door up, concluding in them being all ready to go. "Got everything?" 

"Think so." 

"Okay, travel safely." 

"Love you." He said hugging me, planting a kiss on my forehead. 

"Love you too." 

He hopped in the car and beeped. Soon after, Luke emerged from the house at a painfully slow rate. How annoying. He made me want to smack him at the rate he walked. One of the things I can not stand in life is slow walkers. It irritates me to the max. Especially, when you're in a hurry and stuck behind them.

Gah, it got me angry just thinking about it.

"Bye, have fun." I smiled, hugging him. 

"Yeah, see ya." 

I rolled my eyes again. A man of many words. I waved to them as they pulled out, the trailer rattling behind them. I smiled to myself as I walked in, shutting the door softly behind me.